Chp 10 { Antoinette }

(Toussaint, France )
(17th Century)

It was a prosperous and wealthy day for the smaller part of House of Condé, the Broussard Family with their red tulips as their house symbols.

The lady of the House, Lady Elena has given birth to a daughter in a male packed full of House. She was named Antoinette. Her beauty captivate Toussaint for which the family appointed as the ruler of the region.

Sixteen years later, Lady Antoinette has grown up to be the most beautiful young woman in the region. Antoinette was beloved by all the people including her parents Lord Louis Broussard and her two brother Peter and Eduard.

Excel in English and Italian aside from her mother tongue language of France, Lady Antoinette's skill have attracted suitors from across France even England.

***

(France, 1683)

It was a beautiful spring when Antoinette who is in a hurry rush from her boudoir when a servant told her that a letter from her cousin, Marie Thérèse de Bourbon has arrives.

"Calm down child, you're going to fall if you keep running like you're being chased by a ghost." Marked Lady Elena as she saw her youngest, Antoinette rush towards her father's study room.

"Marie answered my letter, mama." She said in an excitement tone.

"Of course she is, she haven't seen you in months." Lord Louis enters his study room as her daughter reading the letter," Marie invited me to dine with the her family in Paris. Madame de Maintenon will be there."

"The King's new mistress, dear daughter... What have you got yourself into?" Lady Elena gasped in shock. Antoinette laughs a little.

***

(Present Day)

"This is the fourth victim within the last three days and we still have no idea who or what did this?" Said Blake Hawthorne as he lean over the body of a young female camper while on a phone call with Pietro.

"Thank you, Blake." Pietro hung up and looks at Miranda who is waiting for him to finish the call.

"The sooner we get rid of this things the better." Miranda casually said. Then Miranda and Pietro saw the front door open and Gemma enters the room with a happy mood as always," How's your date, dear?" Miranda asked her.

"Beautiful as always." Gemma walks toward the living room," How's your wild hunt?" She asked.

"We hit dead end, another mortal was found dead." Pietro replies.

"Why don't you use your Ulfhedinn's sense?" Gemma asked him.

"It doesn't work on this case for some reason." He looked stressful," Call Ferdinand and Amaranth, ask them if they found anything in the Apothecary."

"No, I'll go to them." Gemma said," You sure?" Pietro turns to Gemma.

   "I thought you go with Cole and the other tonight?"

   "Can't, Cole is helping his uncle at the mortuary to dress a Mrs Desmond's husband who passed away. He'll staying over at the cemetery tonight."

   "That's morbid."

"Yeah, you both do whatever you gotta do." Gemma said after that she walk out from the door and cut towards the wood to get to the town and to the Apothecary.

***

(Toussaint, France)
(1684)

"Push girl... push..." a midwife helping Antoinette delivers her baby. Antoinette's mother is waiting beside her holding her hand while her father and her brothers waiting downstairs.