Chapter One: The Genius

(Leo's POV)

I had finally decided I was lost. I had been walking for hours and I hadn't found the Argo II. It landed somewhere near the Bronx Zoo. I also had no contact with Jason or anyone else. No one knew where I was even I didn't. Some how I had managed to walk far away from the zoo. Just then I felt a vibration. I pulled my phone out and looked at the incoming call. 'Annabeth Chase' was the caller. About time isn't it? I answered.

" Hello, this is Leo Valdez, Captain of the Argo II. Who is this?"

"Leo it's Annabeth, where are you? We've been looking for you for hours!"

"Oh well where am I? I don't exactly know. Listen you guys need to go I'll catch up later."

"Leo, we can't leave you! Just try to find out where you-"

"Listen just go! I'll be fine! I'm a genius I can figure it out. I'll see you guys in Greece."

"Leo, don't you dare hang-"

Now how do I get to Greece from New York? I'm broke...but hey...I'm pretty much a genius. I walked over to a park and sat down on a bench. I pulled out my wallet and counted my money. Five, another five so that's ten then a ten so that's twenty then two more tens so thats forty..forty dollars? Great. I got up and started walking down the street. How am I gonna get myself outta this one?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Tony's POV)

See this is what happens when you build crazy robot suits that blow stuff up. People except you to blow stuff up constantly and they want you to keep making more suits..which I could do no problem. But I'm a millionaire genius...robot builder so I have a schedule to keep up. Interviews, photo-shoots, and of course I have my own things to do. Sometimes I wish I could get away from all the publicity and be Iron Man in peace. Not that it's ever gonna happen but something to dream on.

I still don't know what to think about all this 'avengers' stuff. What is Avengers? Who is Avengers? I have so many questions to ask this Nick Fury guy..how did he know my dad? All these things are stressing me out. When I get stressed I build it's just what I do. Yes building machines that destroy stuff is my hobby...everyone needs one.

Just as I was testing out the arm for one of my newer Iron Man suits someone came in.

"Tony, you have an interview soon you should get ready." The voice said.

I knew that voice very well it was Pepper Pots my manager.

"Alright I'll be there in a minute let me just-" I said. But as I said it I accidentally shot at one of the cars and it exploded. "Oops" I looked at Pepper. "I'm working on it."

"Well work on it later! Tony! Listen right after your interview you have to go talk to Nick Fury." Pepper called as I took the arm off. Nick Fury the man I didn't want to see because he was going to talk about the thing that stresses me out. Avengers.

"Well tell Mr. Fury, I'm busy I can't talk today." I said and left the room.

I walked up the stairs and into the living room. On the tv I read 'Interview with Tony Stark at 5:00 p.m. ' The last thing I would want to hear about was the Avengers I'm just happy Nick doesn't know where I live. "Tony Stark." The front door came open and I heard a booming voice that was hard to recognize. "We need to talk. About," The voice stopped and Nick Fury the man I didn't want to see came in. He looked around then right at me. "Avengers."

The last thing I wanted to hear Avengers. I knew what he would ask to. I also had an answer for him absolutely not. "I'm sorry Mr. Fury, looks like I have to be on my way to that interview."