crucifix?*

December 1973

December 1973

A few months went on and Harry and I both went back to being close friends. The friendly kisses kinda halted after he told me the meaning behind his nickname. Since then he seemed to have opened up for a second just to shut back down.

During the summer we had more shows and a lot of alcohol was drunk so most of it was a big blur.

It was around August when I decided to begin working at the restaurant Harry works in, working as a waitress. I began making a bit of money to give something for rent with the guys. They didn't want me to work, but I honestly couldn't clean up another one of their messes.

I was not their mother.

In September, I showed Billie how to do laundry and he seemed impressed on how easy it was. "Is this considered whites?" He showed me a light grey t-shirt with more holes on it than an actual shirt.

"No sweetie that's trash." I took it and he rolled his eyes.

October was my favorite time because during one of our gigs we all decided to dress up and I wore this old wedding dress and cut up the sleeves and bottom, covering myself in corn syrup with red food coloring in it to look like blood. Harry was the groom and that night we kissed on stage before I pushed him away and gave him the finger, making the crowd go wild.

 Harry was the groom and that night we kissed on stage before I pushed him away and gave him the finger, making the crowd go wild

But as the holidays rolled around I began to get more and more depressed. I found myself standing downtown Manhattan one night staring up at the world trade center wishing I could have visited them with my brother when they officially opened. But I knew he must have hated me as my mother did.

The day of Thanksgiving I tried to go to the church to see her but as I found her walking around I noticed a bump under her dress and went straight back home to the guys.

I made a Thanksgiving meal that day, practically using my whole paycheck to make a turkey and a ham because Greg didn't like 'bird'. I told them all to dress nicely and they seemed a bit excited almost.

"None of us really ever had a proper Thanksgiving," Mitch spoke up as we sat around a table. "So blondie, thank you." I raised my glass and they all followed suit.