Preperation | Chapter two

Now, everything was supplied by the camp, so we didn't need to prepare anything there, but we got our schedules before we left breakfast, mine read, 1st period, reading, 2nd period, math, 3rd period social studies, 4th period, gym, lunch, 5th period, directed study, 6th period, science, 7th period English, 8th period, Greek mythology. All of the classes seemed normal, except for the last one, anyways, I checked with Brooke, and we had the same schedules except for math and social studies.

"Well," Brooke said, breaking the tension, "you wanna try roller skating again?"

"Um, I was pretty bad at it last time better no-" I was cut of as she grabbed my arm and ran to her cabin, once we got there she took out hers and put them on, then threw me mine, and I slid them on, I struggled to get up but she helped me.

"Okay, I got this!" I said, wobbling like a giraffe on ice, Brooke chuckled

"This isn't funny," I was throwing my hands in the air trying to stay balanced,

"Isn't even better than ice skating" she was full on laughing at this point,

"Okay well, help me out here!"

"Hm, should I," she smirked

"Help!" I yelled.

"Fine!"

She got me straightened up right and gave a reminder how to move, before we knew it I was decent, well she was doing circles around me, after some calls and trips we made it to the arena where the concrete floor was smother to skate on. I fumbled around a little before I got used to it, we skated and talked about stuff. Then she had the excellent idea to battle, while on roller skates, yeah. She grabbed a pair of swords and handed one to me.

"Alright," she said, "one, two, go!"

She slashed her sword toward me and I nearly dodged it, but due to my slow reflexes it, instead nicked my cheek. This, however, caused enough pain, for me to finally be more aware. I gripped my sword and flung forward, tried for a hit but was, instead, blocked. Brooke practically flew on her rollerblades, she was to fast for me to catch up with and spun around, every time I got close. After a while, she swung back and hit her sword low to knock my feet over, I fell to the ground, with a thump.

"Oh, you okay!?" Brooke yelled as she raced back,

"I'm, I'm fine, I just need some sleep," I yawned

"I'm so sorry!" She apologized again

"You could make it up to me by caring me back to my cabin," I grinned

"Oh you fool," she smiled back and slung me over her shoulder, and brought  me back to my cabin,

I fell asleep sometime along the way, dosing off.