7- Welcome To The Jungle (Cassidy)

I was back on the lacrosse field. Again. I was sitting on the bleachers playing Temple Run on my phone, waiting for practice to start. Actually I was more thinking than playing. This morning I had woken up and Stiles was gone. I guess it's because his Dad would kill him if he stayed, and it saved the awkward conversation that would have come after. We kissed. Pretty heatedly, too. But what did that mean? Were we together? I mean, we liked each other, and we kissed twice, but are we Cassie and Stiles? Or Cassie... And Stiles? Because he was a good kisser. A really good kisser. And I wanted to be able to kiss him whenever I wanted, to hold his hand, to hug him, just to be with him.

"I like your shirt!'

I looked down at my black and white 'Do Hugs Not Drugs' shirt, before looking up at the person who spoke.

"Allison! Hey! And thank you! I love your shoes."

It was true, her grey combat boots were awesome. Allison sat down next to me, sending me a grin.

"So what happened last night between you and the lover boy?"

I laughed, fake glaring at her before replying, scratching the back of my neck and looking down to Stiles, who was currently spinning the lacrosse stick in his hand. I laughed as he hit his head with it.

"We may or may not have kissed..."

She gasped, mockingly.

"Finally! What else?!"

"Um... Well we watched a movie? But I fell asleep during it, and he went home."

She sighed, shaking her head.

"So? Are you together?"

I frown, looking away from Stiles and back to her.

"I don't know? Are we? What do you think?"

A new voice joined in to our conversation.

"Of course not. He needs to ask you out, or else the sorry loser is single for eternity."

Allison and I both look at Lydia, who grins. I open my mouth to say something, but am cut off by Finstock's whistle. 

"Jackson! Take a long stick for today!"

The team lines up, all trying to get past Jackass, the captain of the team. Each member attempts to go through Jackson-key word: attempts. The guys a jerk but he plays well. Suddenly, it's Scott's turn, and I quietly excuse myself to go sit with Stiles. I go down, putting my hand on his shoulder and laughing shortly after as he fell off the chair. He looks like he's about to say something, when we hear Coach Finstock talking.

"McCall! Hey, McCall!"

Coach walks over to Scott, beginning to laugh.

"My-My grandmother can move faster than that-and she's dead. You think you could move faster than the lifeless corpse of my dead grandmother?"

Scott nods, but when he speaks he doesn't sound right, and his eyes look… Off. I glance at Stiles, who is looking worriedly at Scott.

"Yes Coach."

"Then do it again."

Jackson squats down, getting ready as Scott charges at him. Scott's running towards Jackson, who is smirking, and I'm worried. I know none of us particularly like Jackson but Scott could really hurt him. I bury my head in Stiles' neck, waiting for the inevitable. And then it comes, and Stiles grabs my hand to pull me along.