; twelve

its a hour or so and nick and i have been working on his french packet on and off , he finally got the hang to it which was a relief

as hes writing i decide to get my phone out and see what time it is.

holy shit is 9:45 already.

"hey its getting pretty late, i think im gonna head out" i say to nick as i stand up getting my things together.

he stands up putting his hands behind his head and extending his whole body backwards, stretching

" yeah, im a pro at french anyway " he says dusting his shoulder off with a grin

" oh dont get cocky shark boy  you would be screwed if you didn't have me" 

i say slinging my back over my shoulder opening his bedroom door waiting for him to follow me.

i hear him say under his breath." je suis content de t'avoir " (im glad i have you) 

i look at him realizing what he said just putting a smile on my face. what is he doing to me?

" come on lets go " i say grabbing his arm bringing him down stairs with me.

as we are walking down stairs i see leah come through the door

she walks in approaching me with a big smile

"hailey oh my god hi, how are you"

she comes up and hugs me very tightly, confused.

" why are you so happy ?" i say hugging back.

she grabs my forearm gently looking back at nick leaning onto the staircase.

" oh no reason, uh hey can i talk to you for a second " being cut off with her words i see the door opening showing emely.

what is she doing here ?

exchanging looks with both leah an em leah turns to me " why dont u hang out with us " 

"i act-" half way through talking she gives me a look telling me to stay.

"will stay" i say finishing my sentence.

" great ill go get a movie " leah says exiting the room.

i walk over to em and she does the same and i study her face. her hair is up in a messy bun looking as if she put no effort into it. her eyes are a puffy red as if shes been crying. she looks like a mess.

"hey "

"hey can we talk ?" she says looking into the living room

i look to the stairs to see nick walking up them showing me he was going to his room,making me feel kind of disappointed.

"sure" i say giving my attention to her sitting on the couch.

" i dont know why im here" she begins to say as she places herself next to me on to the couch.

" i just thought maybe if i hung out with someone besides u and tif that i wouldnt think about the whole austin thing but the fact im in the place where it happened doesnt really help." she says leaning back holding her temple.

"where have u been em, u completely ghosted us." i say placing my hand onto her knee.

" i just have been kind of avoiding everyone i so i dont ruin their moods with my depressed ass" she says laughing sitting up from the couch.

i stand up with her.

"where are you going."

she walks into the hall adjusting her bag