A World Undone

"In recent reports, another kidnapping has occurred over the night of a small little boy who looks like this. Police are still investigating the site, we will press for more at 10 o'clock." The soft echo of talking within the little restaurant had settled upon hearing the news. It didn't take long for it to end that chatter once more started up. But a different conversation.

"It's happening again." One started.

"It's always been happening." Another responded.

"No. I mean, sure yeah it's always been happening, for the last 10 years but once again, it started up it looks like, that more are being taken again, killed or kidnapped. And not just people passing through this little town, it's ours once again." The first one went on. Concern and anger coated his words, but what could one do?

What he had been talking about was the murders, kidnappings, missing people, it all that had been going on in this town for around 15 years. No one knew what for, how or even why on the whole thing. But no matter what they were doing, what they were trying to do. Nothing worked.

Cops had even went live on TV for anything the killer wanted, just to stop murdering people because since then, it'd been hundreds of people. But nothing, no one even knew what or who was doing it all, if it was just one person or a whole group of people. Many have left the town, running for their lives in fear they would be next seeing as it didn't matter who you were, if that monster wanted you dead, they were going to kill you one way or another.

Other conversations had bubbled around the room, no one really talking too awful loud in fear that maybe, just maybe the person at the table behind them was the killer and who knew maybe that was the case, maybe that older looking woman was who was killing everyone. She who 5 days out of the 7 days was the one who was doing it, or that young fit kid who looked too strong for his own good was the one who was doing it, taking over for someone he knew or just started out of enjoyment.

No one knew and that made them all fearful. Least those who worried about it the most but couldn't afford to move. But for now, they couldn't do much more than look for the missing person, there was sure to be a search for the kidnapped kid.

They call it kidnapping or missing, depends on the age in this town, missing for older people, over being a teenager, and under would be kidnapping, it was all they could assume that maybe, just maybe a kid will be kidnapped and found alive this time. That someone missing will be found, just having honestly gotten lost on a camping trip. Life is all one could help, but nonetheless, that was a fading dream and a growing nightmare.

Death has swallowed the town whole, no city or town in site, just trees and rolling hill after hill of the mountains. It'd take a miracle to have at least one person come back home, alive, maybe a little hurt but alive at the very least.

Was that too much to ask for?

Yes.

Yes it was too much to ask for but it was all the people could hope for, mainly those who had lost so many family members from this town, from the woods, even those just passing through.

It had gotten many names over the years, a town everyone was warned to no go near yet those who try to leave all end up dead in under a year. In the recent years people have called it a cursed town, claiming that even looking at it would kill you in 24 hours, and maybe that was true. Really sucked for the people who would say they are going to that town and being killed not too long after saying it.

But live had to keep going, people had to make it through the nights and days, aiming to not be killed which for many, were impossible. However if only they knew just who and what was doing it.