Prologue - Host and System

Hello~ Author-chan is here!

So, I rewrote the story, changing things and all so even if you read the prologue before, please re-read it :3

Host and System

In a magical room seeming to be underwater, a small fox stared with his big black eyes at the body pouting in the corner of the room as small fishes swam around her.

"Host..." System 009 started, not knowing what to do with his host, whose personality could be rather childish sometimes. One hour has passed since they finished the tutorial world in which the form of his host was of those a small, black cat. In the tutorial world, which was more advanced than his host's first world, there were many games that she never played before, that was the reason that put his host in this state.

Even though she was a small cat, it didn't stop her from staring her owner playing at those games, sometimes also playing the games herself when her owner wasn't at home, using her small paws to touch the letters.

Apparently, the owner of the cat, which was the MC of that world, was utterly oblivious to this. 009 still feels a headache each time he remembers his host screaming in forms of meows to the Female Lead about what she should choose. The Female lead didn't think much of this, believing her cat was cheering for her.

Please, don't misunderstand 009...he is perfectly fine with having such Host and finds himself luckier than those hosts whose personality were colder than an iceberg, bullies or egoists. His host is a good person...well, at least toward 009, she never screams at him or takes it on him nor forces system to give her free pills, which could end making 009 punished.

Host needed those pills because she was poisoned by the ML with rat poison, the reason being he didn't like cats and each time he wanted to flirt with the FL, the host was always here. The host did get saved, but because she used all her points to buy that pill and finish her mission!

If 009 has to answer his host alignment, he would say she is more of a Chaos Neutral. She follows her whims most of the time and values her liberty a lot but doesn't strive to protect other's freedom, knowing nobody went to save her when she needed it. She tends to avoid authority, resents restrictions and challenges stupid traditions whose for her, won't make sense. If his host likes someone, she will be kind toward them, the same can be said if she is neutral toward someone but...if she dislikes someone, she will either ignore them or try to destroy them.

Destroying them can be rather hard for her because...his host isn't the most powerful creature out here, nor that intelligent.

She was not a CEO in her last world nor a rich girl. Instead, she was a girl who lost her parents and was forced to stay in her room by her relatives, not having the right to go to school nor step out of her room. Each night his aunt would come to her room and tell her how much she hated her parents, or how pitiful and disgusting his host was.

Sometimes, when her aunt was angry, she would punish his host...be it verbally, food or physically. That's how his host died, one time being slapped and hitting her head against the hard part of her bed. She was thirteen when this happened. When 009 first saw his host, he couldn't help but think of a small, curious kitten.

"Buuh..."

009 blinked, being taken out his thoughts by that noise and staring back at his host. He tilted his head then approached his host slowly, his short black legs advancing with each step. Once he finally reached his destination, he nuzzled himself against his host's body, making the girl blink and stare down at him.

"Oh~" she smiled, reaching her small, bone-like hands toward the back of 009's head "I'm so sorry...I was just mourning all those games I will never play!"

009 stared up and down the body of his host before whining, his host still has that skinny body, and it breaks his heart. He shook his head, trying to put his thoughts aside;

"Okay!" he nodded "If you finished then we will transfer your soul to your next world. This isn't a tutorial anymore, so host needs to be more careful!" he warned her with a serious voice.

"I will try to be careful" she assured him even if she knew it would be hard...009 didn't seem to trust her with that, his eyes showing how skeptical he was feeling.

"Next world in 3...2...wh-!!!"

Before 009 could finish counting the space around them started shaking, the small fishes swimming away. A big black crack opened next to them, swallowing all the water, another crack opening as lighting hit against it;

"Error....Error..." 009 said in a robotic voice, his body emitting red light. The area flashed, and when the light disappeared, both host and system disappeared, letting behind an empty space, void of anything.