A Bloody Fox

Tails sat crunched down, avoiding the edges of his little spot for cover. The bullets sending Sparks down his way. Eggman was not happy in the slightest.
     It was at this time that Tails remembered who Eggman was. An evil dictating ruler. One that needed to be taken down. Tails sat there defenses and hopeless. Nothing but a miracle could save him.
    A loud explosion rocked the building knocking Eggman towards the railing. Gunfire outside sounded, ricocheting into the outer wall. Another explosion and then the gunfire ceased. The sound of bending metal, before a click from the doorway. Eggman pointed his gun ready for whatever came his way.
   The door suddenly fell forward roughly off Its hinges, slamming to the ground as it echoed through the complex. A figure stood in the midst of the smoke and fog. Something half robot half mobian...Sonic.
   Eggman pointed the gun and chuckled.
  "It would seem you have found one of my machines, well done. You look like a robot straight from hell."
   Tails slowly peeked around the corner. He heard Eggman speaking but as for the other person, he did not know. The doorway was out of sight, but he had a clear view of Eggman's side. Tails creeped out of the hiding spot and stayed close to the railing, making his way down slowly.
   "Egghead, long time no see. I thought you would never show your face again after all that's happened but...here you are. The same fat bastard that continues to wreak havoc in this world...that will change."
   Tails stood frozen stiff. The voice was that of Sonic's. The blue hedgehog he felt so close and...caring towards, but something in the hedgehog's manner had changed. Tails quickly began getting closer to get a better view.
  Eggman snickered and aimed the gun right at Sonic.
   "I know why you are here, he wasn't much use to me. I figured he could be though. So dumb and naive. He didn't even think twice about it."
   Eggman grinned.
   "...but you...you could be so much more. More than a just a mobian but a God! Look at you. Indestructible. A machine of pure power. You could be like me and rule cities...no...rule whole worlds and countries! Together we could be unstoppable..."
   Tails didn't hear a word from Sonic at first. After a long pause he once again heard that voice he cared for deeply.
   "I don't want any part in your pathetic little game Egghead. I started, and I plan on finishing what I came to do."
  The sound of a gun cocking alarmed Tails. Either way, someone was gonna die, but he couldn't let it be Sonic. He had to protect him. It was a sudden feeling of something deep within. Like a mother protecting her child. Courage filled the fox as he ran towards the doctor. Eggman looked to the side surprised just before Tails pushed him over. Eggman threw his hands up firing the gun as the bullet ricocheted everywhere. He let go off it and tumbled over the side of the railing, landing straight onto the machine below. Quickly the conveyor belt pushed the doctor in as Eggman screamed trying to get out before the doors of the machine slammed shut.
   Through all of this Sonic watched. His arm and leg still whirring with the attached machinery. He looked around for a sign of his yellow lover. He walked around the corner and looked down the platform.
     A yellow figurine sat up against the wall breathing heavy as blood tried pooling around him. It dripped through the holes in the floor sending splatters in the concrete below...Sonic quickly began stripping the machinery off piece by piece, wincing at the pain that came with it.  He began running to his love...