Chapter 4

Dear diary,

Now it is boxing day I have decided to start writing my new years resolutions early so I can get ahead and seem awesome. So far I have: Be an irresistible person, buy more things for Mr Fluffkins and beg for things for next Christmas. Maybe I should have a resolution about other people rather than myself, I could have be more generous or just smile at everyone. I will just go with smile at everyone because the other one seems to be so much work. Anyway this morning I woke up extra early so I could nip to the shops for a cat basket- I could really do without a big ball of fur at the end of my bed. When I was walking down the market towards the pet shop, a store of all colours caught my eye; the sweet shop. Dad had given me some money for a basket and I could get a few sweeties I guess, but then again I don't know how much the things at the pet shop are. They can't be to expensive can they? And it won't hurt to get a few sweets will it? It can. I must resist the sweet temptation... I can't the urge is too powerful!

I found myself coming out of the shop with my hands full of multi-coloured sweets. Afterwards I popped into the pet stop with the little amount of money I had left. Hopefully it will be enough for that basket I wanted and maybe I could get a personalised lead to go with it. You may be thinking, why does she need a lead for a cat? Did you know that when a cat is a kitty it actually needs to be walked around it's new home so it can get used to it's surrounding's before it can run around by itself in case it gets lost. Well that's what I read in a book about cats anyway. Through the pet shop window I saw the most wonderful thing, a pink pet basket! And it is not to much money. If I could get a matching collar and lead then it would be fabulous.

I was in my bedroom later on, stuffing my face with my new sweets, as a ball came flying through my window. I was taken by surprise because it almost knocked me on the head. How dangerous is that? I looked out of the window to see what was going on and saw Joey outside in the garden staring up at me and the huge crack in the window with a guilty look on his face. "Joey you are in so much trouble!" I shouted out of the window, which I now didn't have to open to shout out of. I was about to step outside my room when mum and dad came bursting in. "We heard a crash and rushed up the stairs as quickly as we could. Is everyone alright?" I was about to explain why there is a hole in my window when dad's eyes fixed onto the cracks. "What happened!?!" Then his face started to go red and if you looked closely you could make out little Puff's of smoke drifting out his ears...