f o u r

ruby was currently unpacking her stuff whilst i was struggling to come to reality. what was going on with me?

before i could think any further my thoughts were cut off by the heavenly sound of ruby's voice. "soo... what's your story?" she asks me, intrigued. i stopped for a few seconds trying to process the question. "huh?" i say in a confused manner. "you know. everyone has a story. how you got to where you are now. a dark past? something that moulds you into the person you are today? what's yours" she says genuinely to me. i was shocked at the depth of the question. but i certainly wasn't gonna blurt out my life story to a girl i had known for a matter of 30 minutes.

"oh, you know. just the usual, happy family. parents work their asses off to give me and my siblings an amazing life. couldn't want anything more" i say, faking a smile. she instantly responds with "you're lying".
"w-what?" i say with a squeaky voice. "let's just say, i can read people like the back of my hand. and you my dear" she steps almost uncomfortably (but strangely not uncomfortably) close to me "you're lying". i gulp. who did she think she was?

"well, you can think all you want. i know i'm not lying and that's that" i say, now knowing at this point she doesn't believe me at all but what else can i say? "well, i'll get the truth without you even suspecting it.." i watch as she brings her hand to my cheek, gently caressing it, "..princess". she winks at me and then walks out of the dorm like nothing even happened. i stand there for a while, utterly speechless. what the fuck just happened. and above all, why did i like it?!