~8~

I don't understand. One minute he's with Kenzie and the other he asks to come over my house? I suddenly feel weak for letting him come over. Like I'm his little puppet he can come back to whenever he's done with Kenzie. Like I'm his rebound.

The joyful 'ding' echoes around the house signaling someone is here. I speed down the stairs almost slipping in my socks but I catch myself.

"Why are you in a rush?" My dad asks still sitting in the same place he was before. "I'm not. I just want to see Hayden." My dad gives me wiggling eyebrows as I roll my eyes.

I twist the doorknob to reveal Hayden wearing his signature goofy smile.

"Hey LeBlanc," he smiles greeting me.

"Summerall." I say giving a fake annoyed voice.

"I'm here too!" My dad yells from the kitchen stool.

Hayden fully gets into my house and closes the door. "Didn't see you there, Mr. Leblanc." he apologizes.

"Billy." My father corrects him.

"So why did you need to come over?" I ask him plopping down on my bed.

"I don't know. I miss you so much," he says sarcastically plopping down on the bed as well.

"You saw me yesterday, Hay." I flick his shoulder with my fingers.

He laughs showing his goofy smile and I smile too.

"Hey, I saw you hanging out with Austin at Starbucks this morning," he admits not sounding angry or sad. "How do you know that?" I ask.

"You guys are famous so a) paparazzi and fans, and b) he posted it on his story,"

"What?" I exclaim opening up Instagram and searching up Austin's name. "I never saw it," I say.

"Really, because the caption was kind of a big deal,"

"What was the caption?" I ask.

He opens up Instagram as well, "it says, 'got back with this one' and a red heart,"

"What!" I face his phone towards me and I'm faced with a picture of me drinking my drink staring out the window. I check my phone again to see he doesn't have a story.

"He blocked me from his story!" I shout.

"That's kind of creepy, he posted a picture of you but wouldn't let you see."

That is creepy. He said he just wanted to be friends so why hide me from seeing that picture? Did he think I would never find out?

"So... why were you guys hanging out?" He asks.

"I don't know, he said we were just friends so I thought it was okay,"

"Looks like someone doesn't want to be 'just friends'," he sighs.

"Hey! What about you?" I point at him.

"What about me?"

"I saw Kenzie's story, Hayden,"

He hesitates to talk at first but then he finally speaks up, "I'm sorry I forgot to tell you, but I'm going to be in her next music video,"

"That's great Hayden," I say with a fake smile, but I knew he could see straight through me.

"Look," He says grabbing one of my hands with his. I suddenly feel my heart rate go up and I was trying to hide my blush. He let's go of my hand realizing what he did, and I feel empty for some reason. "She is still my friend. Nothing more. And she asked me if I wanted to do it and I didn't want to decline because it would be rude. I swear there's nothing going on between us."