Chapter 1

It was a warm sunny day in Canada because it has just changed seasons from Spring to Summer.

To Brinley's relief it has finally stopped raining. Although, she did love the rain she loved summer break, and being able to hang out with her friends even more.

BRIN'S POV.

I was sitting in my room while I heard my mom freaking out. I decided to find out what she was freaking out about because I couldn't focus on my book that I have just begun to read.

So, I went upstairs and saw the cutest guy on TV. He looked a bit familiar to me, the boy AND the TV show. I soon realized that she was watching the auditions of The Voice Kids Philippines, although I can't seem to remember where I've seen his face before. Then, I wondered who it was, so I could stalk him. Haha. And with that, I asked my mom who it was because she clearly knew.

"Mom, who is he?", I asked.

"His name is Darren Espanto. He's actually from here you know?", Mom answered.

Wait. Hold up! I've heard that name before... I just can't seem to figure out where from?

I started freaking out inside, but then a pang of realization came back to me. HE'S IN THE PHILIPPINES AT THE MOMENT IDIOT.

I lost hope in ever meet him, but I certainly didn't lose hope in getting to know a bit more about him. Also known as stalking him... Oops!

As soon as I looked up 'Darren Espanto' on Google, a bunch of results came up. I clicked on the very first website which was a biography of his life.

It says that he auditioned for The Next Star in Canada before. At that moment was when I realized why he looked so familiar to me. I watched him all throughout his whole experience on TNS. For sure I know he didn't win though. It was the girl named Brook who did.

I also looked up his videos to see if he is actually good, and not just in that one performance that I've recently just watched.

His audition came up and I started watching that. Dear Lord he was amazing! I feel sorry for Lea for not turning her chair because he deserved all the three chairs turned!

Soon enough I've watched all his performances from his audition, and his Grand Finale performance which was also the one I had just finished watching upstairs.

OVERALL POV.

Incase you were wondering. Yes, Brinley's room is in the basement. She isn't afraid of most things. Just some really obvious ones which would be bugs and such.

She also lives in a 3 storey house if you include the basement. Brinley wouldn't call herself much of a rich person nor a perfect one at that. Her brother is soon going away for his second year of college so that's pretty much the only reason why they're a bit low on money at the moment.

She lives with her mom, dad, and brother. But as I mentioned, her brother won't be living with them for much longer or at least for a school year because of college.

On the bright side she still has the rest summer aka 2 months to spend with her brother.

BACK TO BRINLEY'S POV.

I went back upstairs because I got sick of stalking Darren although he was cute, I can't stalk him for the rest of my life as a career. Even if that would be awesome!

It was time to eat some dinner, and my mom started telling my dad about how good Darren was and some guy named JK. She was saying that it would be great to reunite with both families.

I was confused by her words.

"Mom, what do you mean reunite with them?", I asked.

"Sweetie, we're friends with them. You just didn't know this because you weren't born then.", Mom answered.

"So you're saying, I get to MEET Darren?!"

"Yes, honey. But don't get too excited because they might be busy by the time we go home to the Philippines." -Mom

HOLD UP. WE'RE GOING TO THE PHILIPPINES?! I NEVER AGREED TO THIS. WHAT'LL HAPPEN WHEN I DON'T GET TO SEE MY BEST FRIEND ACACIA?!?!

"It's only for a couple months honey. Don't freak out, she's coming with us, and so is Daniel."

(Daniel is Acacia's 2 year old little brother that loves me!)

And now I realized again that I did not just say it in my mind but also yelled it out loud... Haha #oops?