CHAPTER 6

The look she gave me was really convincing, that I thought she was going to say yes and let it go. She had this really soft worried look on like she was having an internal contemplation. As she opened her mouth and was about to speak, I was so sure it was going to be a positive answer, until a firm 'NO' left her mouth.

She sighed. "I just can't. I know you have a reason for all your wrong actions and all, but coming back to you is what I'll never do in this life. Even if I have a gun pointed to my head." she laughed humorlessly, then said," I'm not sorry for whatever I say or I've said. I've forgiven you for your actions towards, and I'll send your apologies to the girls. But, for me, I can never come back to you. I don't even know why you have such thoughts. I just can't."

I was so pained and hurt, but I understood her reasons. I smiled at her and nodded. "Yes, what was I thinking?"

She smiled warmly. "Yes."

I checked my watch to see if I could still leave, but unfortunately for me, it was already two in the morning. I sighed and stood up to leave, when something popped in my mind, making me seat back. "Do you know about Ethan and Ebun?"

She chuckled and nodded. "I've known for a very long time."

I mouthed an 'o' and finally stood up to leave. I waved her before finally stepping out of her room. She waved me too, saying a low 'goodnight'.

The party was still booming outside, so I thought should look for Ella and try to apologize and talk to her. But, she was nowhere to be found at all. I guessed she left really early. So, I drank until I crashed.