From the Future. For the Future.

Inventing the time-travel machine took mankind ten thousand of years to build. This is according to Mars who said he came from the future and time-travelled at this recent day.

Yesterday, he just came knocking at our door with a horrible worn-out clothes and behind him was a time travelling spaceship floating midair. It was so big that our house looks like a doll house. That ginormous metal thing made the entire world believe him.

We took him on a ride to a near beach as he insist. Mom argued it wouldn't be safe there for the two of us 'cause it's pretty populated, but Dad came to our rescue and went with us.

"Why do you want to go there Mars?" Dad asked the young boy.

"I haven't seen the ocean yet." Mars plainly answered.

We made to the beach and walk on it with no proper outfit. I can see the sea from where we stand and I'm very much thrilled to swim.

I turned to see Mars. He was completely contrary to what I expect him to be. He's sad and angry. I don't know.

"Aren't you happy Mars?" I asked him. Curious about his blue face.

"WHY WOULD I!!!!" He shouted and started crying. Dad put him on a bench and bought him a sundae.

"Hey Mars what happened?" I asked again. I wish I never was a terrible comforter.

"Look. I know you all have seen it, but why do you keep on ignoring it?....

He look towards his sundae.

"...This plastic, it's the reason why millions of organization and the people sent me here. You think the future is advance and high tech, but it's a waste. Now observe what you see and don't see today."

Mars let out his watch and a hologram suddenly pop out and it was gigantic that everyone in the vast beach can see it.

A town full of dump plastics.
A road full of plastics.
An industry burning plastics.
A micro-plastic on sea salt? Is this for real?
Turtles eating cellophanes.
Dead whale with a bunch of plastics on it's stomach.
An underwater plastic dump site?

I turned to see Mars.

"And this is the future."

A new hologram came into view.
And the dire situation today was way a million times worst.

I cried. I did not know why but I just did. All the people stopped what they're doing, and they turn to see the plastic they're holding and throwing.
The people was fully aware of this, I was aware too, but I didn't budge not until Mars came.

I look beside Mars, he was now smiling.

"Mankind are not vile, they just lack attention."

"I know."

"Hey, I need to go back, and I'm looking forward to a plastic-free world okay?"

"Sure. Thanks Mars, you mean everything."

"What's your name again?"

"I'm Earth."

"Hey Earth, please take care of yourself."

By that I know what Mars meant. I know well.