Chapter Four

Hey guys! I know I havent posted in forever, but here you go! Sorry for it being short :)

-oreo

Have you ever been in that stage of mind, or sleep, where you want to just sleep forever? You're to tired to move, but yet you feel this need to wake up?

That's where I am.

Bang, bang, bang.

Mom used to knock in that same way. Only this time it was more of a louder thump.

Bang, bang, bang.

Mom, just a little more sleep, please...

Bang, bang, bang.

Finally, my eyes shot open.

"Mom! It's summer! Let me sleep!" I shouted angrily.

"Mom? Is that what I am?"

Psycho.

"What- what am I doing here?" I scrambled back onto the cot, wrapping my arms around my legs. I scanned the room. The front of me was a huge fence-like wall of medal that separated Psycho and I. The bang must have actually been a rattle, since the door was made of some kind of fence as well. A few feet in front of me was a blue, rusty tray filled with some kind of mashed potato in the middle.

"Caden, I was almost worried you wouldn't wake up," he smiled. I turned my head towards the wall.

"Why. Am. I. Here," I choked, my eyes watering. I didn't face him.

He leaned against the wall.

"Caden-"

"Stop calling me that! You don't deserve to say my name!" I shouted angrily.

"Listen to me before you get more than what's coming," he said.

My hands started shaking again.

"You're here because of reasons. These reasons include your parents, of course," he explained. I could watch him through the corner of my eye.

"Why is this about my parents? What did they do that I deserve to be punished for?" I cried.

"Some things are just meant to be unanswered," he lowered his voice.

"How come I can't see you. Who are you?" I sniffled. His mask covered his entire face. It was even scarier that I didn't know who he was.

"Too many questions..." He growled. My mouth slowly closed.

I remember when Dr. Jensen used to say that when I went to my parents' lab. They brought me in there sometimes when I was little. But every since they started working on that cancer treatment, they haven't even mentioned taking me.

Could this be the reason I'm here? Did he want something that had to do with the treatment?

"First Phase will be tomorrow," he spoke again.

"What?" I gulped,"Are you going to hurt me?"

He never replied.