Chapter Five

I finally managed to calm down. I knew, as far as what he told me, that my family was safe.

But I wasn't.

After a few hours of countless tears, my head started pounding in a miserable headache. I laid my head down against the refreshing, but freezing, pavement. I let the rest of my tears fall.

I always thought this would never happen to me. Sometimes the news would announce abductions, where the girls would pop up missing and later be found in a river, the corpse rotting in the water while multiple fish eat the flesh.

I would like to assume that won't be my fate.

Do my parents know I'm gone? Does Sadie? Did she attempt to facetime me so many times to the point where she became suspicious?

I closed my eyes. My breathing was very unstable, and I could feel my eyes burning. I had to go to sleep.

I prayed that night that I would wake up to see the concerned faces of my parents, and then they would embrace me quickly as if that would be the last time they would be able to.

But when I woke up, the only person I saw was Psycho.

"Get up," he growled. My body screamed as I propped myself off the floor, my bones crying. I backed away from him as much as I could, so if he wanted to touch me I would be able to protect myself.

"First Phase," he said, standing entirely upright next to the bed,"How to lose something you love."

"What?" I cried.

"Get up," he repeated, not answering me. I put my sore hands in front of me and pushed up, my legs throbbing. He grabbed me by the arm. I tried pulling away, but he quickly pushed me towards him. Tears started running down my face again.

He smelled of rotting flesh. I cringed, my eyes stinging. I coughed multiple times, gagging. I realized he was wearing white gloves, blood stained on the tips of the fingers.

"Stop it," he said, clutching my arm harder. He guided me past the gate, my feet still refusing to go anywhere as he basically dragged me.

He pushed me to the left, the wooden door inches from my face. He stuck his hand in his pocket, feeling around until he pushed out a key. I glanced at his mask, only able to see his dark, brown eyes before the door opened and he pushed me through.

The stench. It smelled like moth balls mixed in with meat rotting, exactly the way Psycho had smelled. I breathed out of my mouth, not daring to breathe with my nose.

It was pitch black. The dim light still shined on our backs as he kept pushing me. My heart started pounding again.

What's this leading to? Why is he doing this to me?

"The First Phase will be easy," he interrupted the silence. His voice sounded deep and raspy.

I struggled against him as he kept pulling me, his hands locking on my forearms.

Nausea swept over me as I felt the smell pound against my face.

"Alright," he said. I could almost see him smiling in amusement behind that mask. My whole body was shivering. I heard his hand thump against the wall to his right, his hands feeling around. Finally, light flickered into the room, everything lighting up instantly.

So fast that it took me a few seconds to realize what was on the ground in front of me.

----

Im so sorry for all these short chapters! I have writers block and its so hard to write for ya'll because if Im not feeling it, then Im scared you guys wont either.

-oreo