Lyzzy's Lullaby

Sirius

I crept upstairs. No dead bodies. But how? I heard the thump. Then I noticed the fallen table. A furry white head poked out from behind it.

The furry head shifted into Alyza. "Is Harry okay?" was the first thing she asked.

"He's fine."

She got up. "You're moving to Muggle London."

"What? No." Sirius said just as Remus came up the stairs with Harry.

Alyza took Harry from Remus and gave Sirius a stern look. "I'm sorry, let me rephrase that. You're moving to Muggle London whether or not you like it. You're not safe here!"

"Oh, and we will be in Muggle London?"

"Yes." Both Remus and Alyza said.

"Moony!"

"Get over yourself, Sirius. The house is bought, the furniture is placed. You're leaving."

"Fine. Where are we going?"

"Number 18, Owler Drive, Heathgate, Hampstead. Apparate, now."

Remus went first. Just as Sirius was going to apparate, he looked at Alyza. "Give me Harry."

"No. You'll see him real soon, Sirius. Promise." Sirius sighed and apparated.

•••

Three days passed and Sirius was getting restless. Alyza still hadn't brought Harry.

That night, the doorbell rung. Sirius opened it and looked around. No one. He closed the door again. Something scratched the door. "Meow." Sirius opened the door again, this time looking down. Harry was on the doorstep and so was a black cat with a note on it's neck.

He picked up Harry and let the cat in. Then he closed the door and took the note off the cat.

He went over to the bundle that was Harry, and took the card away from the baby

He went over to the bundle that was Harry, and took the card away from the baby. On the front it had a quick note and a picture.

Putting Harry to bed, Sirius sat down in a chair next to the crib and opened the letter

•••

The next day, as Sirius made his breakfast the muggle way (or tried to, anyways), he hummed. The doorbell rung.

Remus opened it. The door closed almost automatically and Remus came back with a white cat. The cat snuck up on Harry who laughed and clapped. "Kitty!"

And that's when Sirius burnt himself and Remus fell of his chair with a chorus of "Bloody Hell!"

The white cat shifted. "Language!" Alyza sat down next to Harry. "I invited your next door neighbors over."

"Why?"

"They have a daughter close to Harry's age. That's why I'm here. To help you." Harry crawled over to her and pulled something out of her pocket.

Before he could put the thing in his mouth, Alyza made to tuck it away but she wasn't fast enough. "Is that Lily's locket?" Remus asked.

"I was going to add it to the box in the nursery."

"What box?" both men asked.

Alyza got up, and disappeared down the hall. In seconds she was back and carrying a shoe box.

She set it down and opened it. In it were pictures of the Marauders and Lily in their Hogwarts years and some from after Hogwarts. There was also two rings, two wands, and a pair of glasses. Alyza set the locket down in it and closed it, "Memory box."

The doorbell rung. "I don't want to meet them!" Sirius hissed before turning into Padfoot. Harry laughed and crawled after the big dog. Alyza opened the door.

"Hi, you must be our new neighbor." Mrs. Granger greeted.

"Sure are, come on in." Alyza stepped out of the way. "Awe she's so cute! How old is she?"

"Oh, Hermione? She's almost two." Alyza nodded.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Harry make to grab the box on the coffee table. "No!" she dove to grab the box when it started floating. Her eyes widened.

•••

"Bye, Mr and Mrs Granger. Bye, Hermione," Alyza closed the door behind them and leaned on it. "Alright, who did the magic?" Sirius and Remus shook their heads. Her eyes trailed to Harry, and she squealed. "Yes! Harry's already doing magic!"

"Can't believe you obliviated those muggles." Sirius muttered.Alyza watched as Harry followed Sirius around. "Where's my wand? Ah, there it is."

"WATCH OUT!"