Part 2// He's not home

(Before Amelia and Ella arrive)
Joe's pov//

I had only just woken up and rolled over in my bed nearly falling off the edge. I picked up my phone and checked the time.

I saw that a reminder had popped up. *New foster kids arriving*. That was something to look forward to I guess.

My stepdad, Alex had been at a work conference for the past two days so it was just me. It was pretty fun being home alone.

I strolled down the stairs and into the kitchen popping some toast on as I blared my Spotify playlist out of my mini speaker.

After I had eaten my toast I realised it was half 1. "Better get dressed" I mumbled to myself.

We had had foster kids stay at our house before. I never called them "sisters or brothers". I usually just looked at them as new friends.

I threw on an old hoodie and some joggers before returning down stairs and flopping on the couch.

I must have dazed off because I woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing.

I jumped off the sofa and looked at myself in the mirror running my fingers through my hair. I was kinda nervous since I new that it was two girls staying with us this time.

I opened the door and saw a middle age woman dressed in a work suit kinda thing with a skirt.

"Uh hey" I said catching her attention. "You must be Joe" she extended her hand towards me which I shook. "Barbara, nice to meet you"

I looked behind her and saw two girls one around 12 with bright red hair and freckles all over her nose. The other looking around my age with long brown straight hair and striking blue eyes that looked bluer than the ocean.

"This is Ella" Barbara extended her hand towards the younger girl. "And this is Amelia" she added gesturing to the girl that looked my age. "Nice to meet you both" I smiled

Amelia's pov//

So I as right. It was Joe. His smile could probably light up every room he walked into but I shouldn't think like that. This is guy I would be living with for the next 3 months.

Hey y'all. This is a bit of a longer chapter with Joe in it more!

Hope you enjoyed it and are having a great day!

-Amy