Part 5// A long walk

Amelia's pov//

I woke up to someone shaking me slightly. I opened my eyes and saw Joe above me.

"I usually go for a walk early in the morning, to clear my head. Wanna come?" I smiled and nodded but felt a stinging on my cheek and remembered everything that happened the night before.

"Thanks for last night" I smiled sitting up in my bed. "Oh, it was nothing" Joe replied holding out his hand. I took it and climbed out of bed.

We stood there at for a second, staring at each other. "Uh well I'll let you get changed" Joe turned and left me room.

I quickly showered and threw on sports leggings and an oversized sweatshirt.

I quickly jogged down the stairs, careful not to wake Ella and definitely not to wake Alex.

"Ready?" I asked Joe. He nodded and we left.

"So about last night..." Joe started but I cut him off. "Look, I'm fine" I lifted my hand to my cheek. "I'll just stay out of his way from now on" "And Ella?" Joe added. "She's in those teenage years so she barely leaves her bedroom anyway" we both laughed lightly at this. "But I'll tell her not to bother him anyway"."Well I'm glad your ok" Joe said grabbing my hand and squeezing it lightly.

I felt myself blushing and quickly turned away from Joe. I heard him chuckle.

We continued walking down some small streets until we ended up in London.

"Wanna grab a coffee?" Joe looked at me and I could see the fleck of hope in his eyes. I patted my pockets "I didn't bring any money"."My treat" Joe smiled, pulling me into a small cosy coffee shop.

"What would you like?" Joe said looking up at the board above the waiter. "Just a latte please, I'll find a table" I said and I left Joe to find a table.

I found a two seater table beside a floor to ceiling window and sat down. Joe wasn't far behind with two coffees in his hands.

He sat down and we talked for want felt like infinity. When I'm with Joe it's like time stops and my heart and soul is constantly happy.

We finished out coffees and left the small café. I linked Joe as we left and we walked back to the house.

We walked through the door still laughing and were met be Alex standing with his arms crossed and an angry look on his face.

"Where have you two been?" He growled at us. Joe started to explain but started stumbling over his words. I had learned the hard way and didn't say anything.

Suddenly time stopped and all I could see was Alex's fist hurdling towards Joe's stomach and Joe doubling over and falling on to the ground.

Alex stormed past us and out the door shouting something that I couldn't hear. I was only focused on Joe. I dropped to my knees putting my hand to Joe's cheek.

"Are.... Are you ok?"

Heyyyy guys.

Nice long chapter today. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I had an Irish Dancing competition.

Hope you enjoyed and had a great day :))

-Amy