Prologue

PROLOGUE

+ Elly Robinson +

New York

The scent of Scott's aftershave lingered in the air. I rested my head against the panel of my bed as he came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and a mischievous glint in his eye. He raked a hand through his wet hair and slowly made his way over to the side of the bed where I was splayed out, admiring his toned muscles.

I grinned. "What movie?" I said as I held up The Notebook and American Hustle.

He smirked, reached out and took the DVDs from my hands, tossing them to the side. Taking advantage of my vulnerable position, he crawled onto the bed, trapping me underneath his muscular figure.

He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "This would be way more fun."

Without another word, he pressed his moist lips against me and left a trail of kisses down my neck. I felt his body lower onto mine. I moaned in satisfaction. It felt so good. His fingers tangled up in my hair and I felt droplets of water fall from his head and roll down my chest. I wrapped my hands around his neck and caught his distant gaze.

I studied his fine features: from his gleaming green eyes to his soft, full lips. He smiled and I realised he too was staring at me intently.

I glanced away for a moment, embarrassed. He rolled his eyes and continued to kiss my neck, making his way up to my sensitive spot, just under my jaw. A bolt of lust surged through me and I realised my hands were slowly creeping to the top of the towel. I dug my fingers in and was about to pull it off when I heard a small gasp on the other side of the room.

I pushed Scott off me and sat up, wide-eyed, desperately trying to fix my hair and cover up any evidence of the moment. Scott groaned and scratched his head, also sitting up next to me.

It was my little brother Lucas who had seen us. He stood there in his little soccer jersey and old blue shorts, completely frozen. He frowned, the colour draining from his cheeks.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and murmured, "Hi Lucas."

I could sense Scott fidget beside me as Lucas narrowed his eyes. Scott wasn't usually the one to be nervous, but I guess he wanted a good reputation when it came to my family.

"What were you - " he began.

"Look mate, don't worry. We were just having some fun that's all," Scott cut in, jumping off the bed and hustling Lucas out of the door and into the hallway.

I coughed deliberately loudly and a few moments later Scott appeared in the door frame.

"That's that sorted," he said, walking back over to me.

I smiled, "What did you say?"

Scott sat back next to me, crumpling the sheets in an effort to get comfy, "We'll put it this way - Lucas' fine with it. So that means we can do this more often - "

I pushed him away as he leaned in. "He's seven! He's not fine with it! Anyway, you know I'm leaving tomorrow..."

Scott put on a puppy face and I couldn't help but laugh at how stupid he could be sometimes.

"Do you have to go to LA..." he pleaded, "I mean most girls are leaving LA to get to Manhattan, but you're leaving New York to go to LA," he paused for a moment, "What is wrong with you?"

"Well I'm not most girls," I replied. I know, world's most clichè line ever.

He lifted my chin and whispered, "I know you're not."

I flicked his hand away, "Nice try. Now go put some clothes on."

It was true. I didn't want to leave Manhattan or Scott behind. But with dad's company through the roof, I really had no choice.

I figured I may as well make the most of tonight, my last night in New York, before I left for LA - left for my new life.

***

author's note

hey guys,

so we finally wrote a story for you

hope you enjoyed this,

feedback appreciated!

btw, Ashley Greene as Elly Robinson ^ picture above

updates soon!

love,

whaphant x