Request

Winter Schnee breathes deeply as she pulls her books and folders off of the desk and into her slender arms. Her white cardigan moves with the breeze of the students rushing for the door. She bends her knees to pick up her bag and throw it over her shoulder.

"Hey!" Winter hears a shallow voice from behind her.

"Hey Glynda," She turns to face the thin, blonde girl. "We still on for tonight?" Winter asks.

"Yep. I'll be waiting in my car. Don't get caught up."

"No problem. I'll be there in a second." Winter gives a slight smile to Glinda. She does the same, passing Winter to the door. Winter turns on her heel to follow, but is stopped by a loud voice from the corner of the room.

"Winter. Could I speak to you for a moment." He says with a stern look on his face.

"Oh-of course Mr. Ironwood." Winter stutters and walks to her teacher's desk. She sits down.

"Winter. You are one of the best students in your class" He places his hands in front of him on his desk. "Your grads are astonishing, and you dont show any signs of slowing down." He continues.

"Thank you." Winter exhales.

"I would like to ask you if you would be interested in helping another student of mine." Ironwood asks, tilting his head. Winter raises her eyebrows.

"Qrow Branwen," He says. "I am only asking you to help him with my class. He failed last year, and isn't doing any better this year." Ironwood informs.

Winter only looks down at her books in her lap, thinking.

"I will give extra credit if you choose to help him." He adds.

Her eyes shoot back up to her teacher.

"I-I'll think about it," Winter spouts. She quickly stands up from the chair. "Thank you. Mr. Ironwood." Winter scurries out of the room without waiting for a response.

She hurries down the hall and to her locker.

Winter slows her pace as she places her books and folders on the small shelves. She begins to think.

Mr. Ironwood is one of the toughest teachers in the school. He must really like Winter to reach out to her to help a failing student.

Winter shakes the thoughts out of her head and shuts her locker.

[Chapter 2 coming soon]