3,2,1 We Go Live...

December 3rd, 2009... 5:30 in the morning. I laid in bed after not sleeping. I could sleep through anything- but not this. The radio was playing Don't Stop Believing and I just laid there. My mind was busy yet blank. Rose- my friend whom I was living with opened the door and screamed "Rise and shine! Today is your day! Although it's mine too so get your ass in the shower!"

I peeled myself off of the bed and turned on my lamp. My dark circles were intense. I walked over to my shower, opened the door, turned the water on- all normal- until I realized that I didn't turn the bathroom light on. My voice was thick with the taste of sleep I called over to Rose,

"Yo! Can you make me a cup of tea and some eggs?"

"Do you think I'm your slave?!"

"Rose, man come on, not today! I didn't sleep all night!"

She huffed and opened the refrigerator.

6:25 am

I finished my morning shower, did my make up and put on my clothes- black dress pants, plaid camisole, and a black studded blazer. I paired it with my Prada open toed wedges.

I made my way to the kitchen and smelled Roses "delightful" cooking. She thinks she's the best so I let her make my breakfast.

"You look good Wynter!" Rose grabbed my cheeks tight and scrutinized my make up.

"You're wearing to much eyeliner"

"At least my face doesn't look like it's been deep fried." Rose is four years older than I am but she still has awful acne that she tries to cover up.

"You're horrible!"

"I'm aware. Can I please sit down? I'm tired, I'm stressed please."

She grabbed my hand and lead me to the kitchen island where she handed me my anti-anxiety medication.

I mumbled a thank you after she literally force fed them to me.

7:03 am

I was ready to go out the door before Rose wanted to give me a pep talk.

"Wynn listen for two seconds. Okay so Dr. House is an awful human being. He'll degrade you in anyway possible. You need to do your best not to show weakness--" I cut her off

"This doesn't sound much like a pep talk Rose." After that she hugged me and whispered in my ear a good luck.

I started the engine and took off.

Rose got me this interview at the Princeton Plainsboro teaching hospital because she works there as one of the phycologists. I lost my job at my other hospital in Chicago. I moved to New Jersey with Rose after that incident and been living off her money for two months.

7:47 am

I'm always so early. I even stopped for coffee! And it's snowing. I parked outside then walked into the hospital. I came up to the front desk to find where Dr. Houses office is.

"Hello, uh, my name is Wynter Novak. I have an interview with Dr. House." The nurse looked at me wide eyed before clearing her throat and answering.

"He is near the Witherspoon Wing on level 5... I don't think House is looking for anyone to join his team at the moment."

"My friend Rose Chaster, one of the phycologists got me an interview with him." She nodded.

"Okay Ms. Novak... I'll have to send you to our dean of medicine first. Her name is Dr. Lisa Cuddy. She'll help you out." I nodded even though I didn't know why. I just needed to know where is damn office was. The nurse led me to her office behind the clinic. I walked in while she was on the phone. She gestured for me to sit down.