Chapter 1: What now?

Tord's Pov.

    It's been almost a year now. Almost a year since I betrayed my old friends, but I suppose the betrayal started long before they even realized. I suppose I should tell you how I even got to this point, being a military leader who is leading one of the biggest revolts and takeovers in history.

It all started when I was young. My family had moved from Norway to England, and I knew no one there. I was always alone during school, adjusting to the language and trying to fit into already established friend groups. Eventually, I got tired of trying to fit in and I isolated myself even more than before. That changed until I met Edd. He was such a happy and positive kid at the time, my total opposite...maybe it's why we clicked well. He basically forced me into his friend group, but I had no objections. I had no idea why he would want a hentai obsessed freak in his own clique. I met Matt and Tom, Matt was entertaining but Tom was very similar to me, which was probably why a rivalry grew between us. Sometimes two identical personalities don't mesh well. However, we never strayed apart during school and I felt content with my friends. I had even grown to...care for them? It was a feeling I was normally devoid of, but I made sure to cherish the friends I had.

During college, Edd and I had moved in together. We both went to the same university so it was an easy choice. Matt and Tom lived in their own places but came over often. I and Tom got into more fights as we matured and realized that we didn't mesh well at all, more than before. He frequently called me 'Commie' because of the one time I brought up that Communism would work if done well. If there is something I do not miss, it's him. Matt became more self-obsessed and Edd became more confident and began making money as an artist. He invited everyone to move in together and our group went on many 'adventures'. It was fun I admit, but I always felt like there was something else I was supposed to be doing with my life. Then Edd has the idea of joining the army so we could go on Holiday. That changed the direction of my life forever.

  I never knew how much I would enjoy being in the army. Training, learning strategy, the strict code...while everyone else was pretty much miserable I was having a blast. I always liked guns, and other weapons but this experience really confirmed it for me. When the rest of the group quit I followed along, but the feeling I got from the army never left my thoughts and drove me to a state of insanity. I couldn't live with them in this simple life anymore, there was so much more for me. Suddenly all of my tinkering and invention ideas turned into a reality. I set up a secret area in my room and began to build gadgets. First, they were simple things like tiny race cars or mini-drones, but soon enough I got more advanced. I had finally found what was missing. I invented so many things but if I were to tell the world I know they'd be used and taken advantage of...that's just how the world is. And that's when I realized...I wanted to reform this world as well. 
It took a year but I was able to put together a giant robot. It had everything I needed, but I decided not to use it yet. I needed a purpose, I needed alliances, I needed an army...so I decided that I would come back to this once I was ready. And once I reached my limits there I told the group that I was leaving to make it in the 'big city'. In reality, I was going back to the army to start something of my own.

I couldn't believe how much I missed Edd and Matt at first, they seemed so sad...though Matt somehow got his hands on my memory eraser gun so I suppose only Edd missed me now. This was much bigger than any of them, so I had to sacrifice these old friends to achieve what needed to be done.

In the army I met two men by the name of Paul and Patryk, those two were already close friends but I knew something was different about them. I approached them and we immediately hit it off, and they admired my ambitious leader like personality. I told them about my plans for...well world domination, to use the ideas of communism and other 'good' parts of political ideologies. They seemed to agree with me and expressed their frustrations with such a corrupted society, and as I spread these ideas through the base more and more people believed in me, attended secret speeches I would give. They referred to me as "Red Leader". It was sort of code, but those in the army began to notice talk and admiration of Red Leader and wished to know who he was. Then, the revolt. Those who sided with me revolted against the generals, stole their machines and weapons, ransacked the base and took what we needed. We all left and the story of an in-army revolt shocked the world. However, we were quiet for a while, so the story died down. Still, I noticed that the army became even more strict, which I didn't know was possible.

With the help of talented soldiers, we made a secret underground base. Those inspired by our cause came to us every day, and every spy that disguised themselves in these crowds: Easily eradicated. We became a stronger force, a real army, and we were known as "The Red Army".  I finally felt fulfilled, and once we were strong enough I had to complete the final phase in the plan. It had been years, but I called up Edd asking if I could move back in, city life was too much for me and I wanted to relive simpler times. I haven't spoken to him since I left but the enthusiasm in his voice told me he didn't change much. He openly welcomed me back, and I thought this plan was flawless.

But it wasn't. You probably already know what happened...I came back, everyone but Tom was ecstatic, I drove him out, and I was almost able to go through with it...until Tom came back with my wanted photos. I knew they had some of me but I didn't know how widespread. I acted quickly and foolishly, and ended up being shot down after I blew away the house I had lived in for most of my life. I felt like I didn't need 'friends' or these friends at least. After the adrenaline, after I somehow survived...I felt cold...and bitter. The wounds didn't matter, there was a hole in my heart. A hole I didn't know how to fill.

They could save my face, but not my arm nor eye. The eye was easy to deal with but the process of getting my arm cleaved off was less than pleasurable. My arm was replaced with my own invention, this had been quite the learning experience for me. The feeling of emptiness...what is it? Why do I feel...
I am Red Leader. It has been a year since that incident, it may have set me back but I am stronger than ever. I have taken over Norway, and now England is my next target..my men and women have already invaded the streets, the castles....but that hole...how do I fill it? Them. They left it...I have to deal with them. 

"Paul, Patryk.....I have a mission for you two. Thomas Thompson, Edd Gold, and Matt Harvey...bring them here." 

If they were the source....then it needed to be dealt with. Sorry, old friends.