Chapter 2: Unusual abduction

The Red Army was advancing fast, but Paul and Patryk still needed to be careful in this area. It was so on guard and scared of the army reaching them hardly anyone was allowed inside. Thankfully they were rather stealthy and got in, but they wore casual clothes and hoods so they weren't recognized...there was a lot of wanted posters of them.

Soon the army would invade this area, and they knew it all too well. Most people evacuated so they hoped that the three didn't move just yet. 

They went inside an apartment building, looking down at the notes they were given. This hall is where they lived. They knock on Edd's door...no response...they knock on Tom's door...no response. They go to Matt's and hear something inside. They knock, and the noise stops.

"Open up! Or else!" Paul demanded.

"We'll break down this door if you don't!" Patryk added to the threats.

Soon the door slowly opened and peaked out a ginger man. 
"Um...hello.."
He said nervously as Paul recognized him from the pictures Red Leader showed him. They both draw their guns.
"Is there anyone else in there?" They demand, the boy quickly shakes his head.
"J-just me! Everyone...everyone else left...." He looked terrified, Paul and Patryk groaned, did the others really get away?

"Well, Red Leader told us to come to take you. Make this easy and come willingly, or things will get ugly...you're Matt, correct?"

Matt nods, he looked terrified, shaking. The two could see an empty apartment behind him, full of self-portraits. Must've been a lonely and self-obsessed man. Paul restrains him with ease and sits him down on one of the benches in the hall.
"Where is Thomas Thompson and Edd Gold?" He asks, and Matt looked a bit hurt.
"They...they left...they heard you all were coming and...ran...I was going to follow but I needed to grab a few things.."
Matt's voice was shaking with nervousness and Patryk looked annoyed. "Well isn't this great? Whatever....we'll find them, they couldn't have gone far, but trying to find them when our invasion is so close in time...we'll have to do it later on." 

The two force him down the stairs and into the allies to get him out of there with no suspicion being brought to them. They made it back into Red Army territory with their first hostage.

Back at the apartment, however, there were two horrified men, Edd and Tom, hidden in the locked bathroom of Matt's apartment. They both stepped out, on the verge of tears.

Matt had sacrificed himself for them.