-hoodlum-

" get your dam feet off the dash" i heard and received a smack to the back of my head. I sighed out and stuck my tongue out at my mother.

" dammit max ! Why are you like this! Where did i go wrong with you?!!" She almost screamed out as she took another go at her cigarette. I scrunched my face up and turned my head.cancer sticks.

" i dont know .....somewhere along the line when you brought drunk men home..." before i could continue i got a slap to my face. I held my pose and laughed.

"Maxine! You will not scorn me for this! I tried my best.....my best for you" she began and i bit my lip.

This was not for me......it was for her image. For the recovery she was trying to make. If it was not for the sake of me then it was for her mind. Never was it for me. I didnt need her playing the hero now....i was too old to see the facade.

" drop me off here" i said and tasted blood on my lips. I bit too hard. She yelled at me some more and i rubbed my forehead.

" max , i never in my many years heard of such a disgraceful brat of a child as you , ive seen my other friends kids , fucking angels ! And what did god decided to give me .....a pain in the ass devil spawn. " she said and i growled. I turned to her and she glared at me.

Once again.....i never was wanted or considered.

I opened the door of the shitty car and threw myself out along with my shit. I heard the car screech to a halt but i was already up and dusting myself off. I picked my bag up and walked. I heard a car door slam and heard yelling.

I kept walking.

This was it.

Freedom. I chuckled .

Yeah right. This was an average day for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to cold water. I freaked out and fluttered my eyes violently open.

I looked up and saw a light beamed in my face . I groaned and wiped my face and held onto my things tightly.

"What ya doing out here kid?" I heard the cop say. I sighed and rubbed my eyes.

"Im not disturbing anyone am i?" I said and he growled. He grabbed my arm and brought me up. I grumbled and pushed him off me.

"Look 'ere missy , i dont got time for smart asses. What the hell are you doing here so late ? Did you run away or are you drugged up?" He said and i sighed and rolled my eyes.

"And why the hell would i tell you any of that?" I said but got roughed up again. I felt him cuff me and walk me to the car.

" enough , im taking you in you little hoodlum. Look at you. Youre probably coked out and ended up passed out here."he said and i laughed and he shoved me in the cop car. Really coke?

Great.

I heard him enter the car and he began again.

"Whats your name" he yelled out. I sighed.

"Maxine Walters." I said.He typed it in. I heard him whistle..........beautiful . Here came my record.....

"Dirty record kid. Lets just take you in and see what we can find" he said and i layed back in the car . I honestly didnt care.

"Sounds cool with me" i said and i heard him grumble.i chuckled and slowly closed my eyes.

~~

I woke to a rude awakening again , the door opened and someone shoved me around to wake me. I opened my eyes and saw we had arrived at the police station or where ever they took me. I felt as the police officer pulled me out and shoved me towards the door. They had taken my bag and went on in emptying it and looking through it.