Chapter 17: A Wife's Concern

March 31, 100 days to deadline.

"Akira-san... I really don't think this is necessary at all." Megumi complained while Akira pulled her all around the city's commercial districts. Ever since Hikari left for the United Kingdom with Kei, Megumi became Akira's only distraction. Akira still lived at Japan regardless of the distances. It was relatively easy for her to have a short trip from Todai's University to Megumi's side, though they weren't that often. She only visited during special occasions. And somehow, today she was more determined to hang out with Megumi than usual. "Akira... I got work... I appreciate this but my career..." Megumi would say, but Akira as usual would just ignore her and keep on pulling her all around the city.

"Your idol career can wait!" Akira complained, and Megumi felt like crying. "There is a lot to be done, and I don't care about your idiotic husband scheduling all your movements. I'm going to make sure he spends every yen in pleasing you. It's the less he can do after disgracing you!" Akira complained, a dark aura was surrounding her, and Megumi just blushed softly at her words. "For the love of... couldn't you wait until the real wedding?"

"I don't talk about personal affairs while I'm working." Yahiro mentioned. He had been following the two girls all around the commercial districts, much to Akira's dislike. "I will move the interview with In-Magazine for tomorrow... and the recording of the commercial for orange hair dye will have to wait as well. But regardless of the wait, all your fans are dying their hairs orange already, it's good to know I bought the Crimson Salon the same day you died your hair orange. The company's selling sky rocketed! But there are many different colors, let's try blue or soft green for next album, idol-chan!" Yahiro added teasingly.

"Producer! I'm not dying my hair again!" Megumi complained, and Yahiro just made fun of her. "I miss my chocolate color so much... Akemi was so cruel doing a permanent without me noticing..." And she sobbed, which of course forced Akira to stare at her with eyes of concern and awe at the same time. "...What are we doing anyway...?" She asked already noticing there was no way she could escape Akira.

"But of course, we are going to buy your wedding dress!" Akira added proudly, and both Megumi and Yahiro stopped their walking, and both faced Akira with curiosity. "What? Were you two expecting me to accept a traditional Japanese wedding? I mean, wedding Kimonos are so unfashionable and unexpressive! We are getting you both married in an occidental fashion."

"Occidental?" Yahiro began. "Oi, have you ever wondered about how Megumi wants her wedding ceremony to be like?" Yahiro wondered while keeping his attention away from his scheduling tablet, and Megumi began spacing out while thinking about how she wanted her wedding ceremony to be. "And also... isn't it true that in occidental wedding ceremonies, women who aren't pure can't wear white?" He added in a teasing way.

"Women who are not...?" Megumi began, and then she suddenly blushed madly in a bright dark-pink color. "Uweh! Yahiro you meany! Why did you have to mention that so out of the sudden?" She complained, and Yahiro just rolled his eyes and continued fixing the schedule, but he suddenly began blinking oddly. "What's so wrong with a traditional Japanese wedding anyway, Akira-san?" Megumi wondered.

"You not wearing a cute looking wedding dress! That's what!" Akira stated out. "And I don't care about what Yahiro got to say about the subject. We got a deal: I wouldn't punish him if he allowed me to organize the wedding ceremony!" Akira explained.

"Yeah... whatever... just try not to bankrupt me." Yahiro added. And while the girls walked by, they suddenly heard a loud crashing sound. Both then turned around trying to find out what had just happened, and found Yahiro by the floor after crashing heavily against a mailbox. "I'm all right." Yahiro added and began standing up, but Megumi was already worried.