Chapter 6: One Despicable Family

Everything was supposed to have ended by now. Or so it was what Megumi believed. She went through many hardships and embarrassing situations, but at last her beloved one, Yahiro Saiga, managed to return her feelings. That day, however, she figured out it was never that simple. Instead of being the end of her troubles, she found out the hard way that they were just beginning. And to make it worse, Yahiro was enjoying it.

"So many people? And I don't remember the names of many, which could be troublesome. Don't you agree, Megumi-chan?" He was surely enjoying the moment, but of course that was something Megumi wasn't.

'What are we doing here?' She barely wrote due to her panicked situation. After all, this was an embarrassment no one ever wants to go through. Today was July 7, Yahiro's Birthday. Although Megumi never found that out until arriving to the party that was celebrated at a luxurious ship already sailing away from shore.

Megumi was shaking with fear. When Yahiro mentioned he wanted her to meet his parents she never expected this. At least she wished she had the time to change into proper clothes and out of her wet swimsuit.

"It would be a total disrespect if I weren't to arrive for my own birthday party!" And a demonical laughter followed. Megumi didn't feel like laughing back at all. After all, many wealthy family members were already directing their cold glares against them. This was such an embarrassing situation. "I will apologize properly to you later..." He began with a more serious tone of voice. "...After all, I never thought to take you this far..." Megumi was unable to understand it at all. But Yahiro just took her hand and smiled. "Well, let's celebrate, shall we? Oh, you two as well, Kei, Hikari." Kei nodded in agreement, and Hikari just remained at his back, she was pushed into this unwillingly after all. "I'm counting on you, do your best!"

One Despicable Guy

Chapter Six: One Despicable Family

"What's wrong with those two? Pushing us into this kind of embarrassing situation just like that? And they didn't seem disturbed at all, what a nerve they have!" Hikari and Megumi were now sharing one of the rooms inside of the luxurious ship. After all, they couldn't attend a party this important wearing only their wet swimsuits. Hikari was pissed off, more than what was usual. But she had to endure it since she, unwillingly, came as Kei's companion, and a lot was expected from her. "Also, why did Yahiro went out with us instead of attending the party? There was no need for us to rent a boat and jump inside of the ship as we did earlier."

"...Yahiro-kun..." Megumi began, and hearing her soft voice won Hikari's attention. The young honey haired girl had a towel grappled all around her body since she, just as Hikari, had taken a shower in order to get ready for the already in progress party. "...Yahiro-kun never wanted me to meet his parents... he never even expected I was going to success in having him returning my feelings. Just thinking about it saddens me..." And Megumi then cleaned the tears away from her eyes. Hikari just approached to her and pulled her into a hug. "Does Yahiro hate me?"

"Of course not, he is just stubborn and selfish, just like Takishima most of the time. Those guys have an odd way of showing off their feelings. But that shouldn't discourage you, on the contrary, we should teach them not to mess with us!" Megumi then flinched. Hikari was once again managing to turn the situation into an odd challenge. "Let's accept their challenge! They think we aren't capable of being luxurious, let's show them how wrong they are and impress Yahiro's family!"

"...Hikari... you really see everything as a challenge... I wish I could be as stupid as you..." Hikari felt her mood lowering when hearing that last from Megumi. Although it probably wasn't anything new to have Megumi call her stupid. "But also... Hikari-chan is right!" Hikari stared at Megumi as she heard that last. The girl was now smiling, although tears of anxiety were still adorning her eyes. "For Yahiro-kun... in order for him not to be embarrassed of me... and in order to impress his family... I shall do it... I will do my best, just like Hikari-chan..."