one

as the strong wind blew, making the atmosphere cold, it looked like nobody was around

as the strong wind blew, making the atmosphere cold, it looked like nobody was around. the sky was a pale blue, almost looking like a light grey, the complete opposite of the sunny and bright sky that was here yesterday, sadly it couldn't be the same for today.

there was a large forest, It's trees swaying, being pushed by the strong winds. besides the sounds of the wind blowing, which almost sounded soothing, everything else was completely silent. no birds were chirping, they made no sound.

the silence lasted for a couple more minutes, before it was broken.

a figure suddenly rushed out of the forest, jumping, which wasn't a good choice. due to the forest being on a steep hill, so once leaving the forest, it was only down hill from there.

there was barely any time to react, for the creature to save itself, and it ended up tumbling down the steep, grassy hill, leaving a trail of blood behind it. despite how long the hill was, the creature ended up reaching the end in only a matter of seconds.

it struggled to get back up, legs shaking. Legs that were coated in beautiful brown spotted fur, with hooves at the bottom. though, unfortunately, one of the legs were injured, a wide and painful looking gash was spread across it, oozing out fresh, crimson red blood.

it's leg shook, before it stood up, only for a moment before it shifted into a full on sprint. off it went, running through the grass which it wished was taller, taller than itself, so it could use it for cover and protection from what it assumed was chasing after it.

it didn't know if it was still on its tail, but it didn't dare take the chance to look back and possibly ending its life right there. so instead, it kept on running for its life.

the creature continued on running as fast as it was able to for a few more minutes, until it was forced to a stop. it had tripped over a rock, a small, barely noticeable rock that was hidden within the grass, making it completely invisible to the creature.

Because of how fast it was going, it didn't just fall flat over on its face, it was launched a short distance before it fell flat on its face. though, as soon as it did, it tried to get back up, but unlike before when it had tumbled, it was unable to get back up on its feet.

it tried and tried, but the pain in its leg was too much. it let out a sudden cry of pain which it tried to hold in, and now feared that it had alerted a predator nearby that would come over to check, and then its life would be gone just like that.

it'd be all over.

instead of continuing to try and get up, to run again until it was certain that it was free from dying... it just, gave up, it just laid there and stopped moving as if it was already dead. maybe if it played dead, then it would be left alone.

Wait, no, that wouldn't work, the predator would just have a feast instead. then again, a feast wasn't really what it was going to get out of the small creature, who was a young deer, which it was, partly, at least.

the lower part was that of a deer, and from the top was mostly human, besides the ears and horns. so depending on what predator would come to feast upon the youngling, it'd only be considered a small snack, it'll just quickly take care of her before going to find more food to satisfy its dire hunger for flesh.

body falling almost completely limp, the creature just laid there, waiting for it's life to end. a minute or two passed, and just as it was having second guesses about giving up─

"hey... are you okay?"