two

her entire body flinched, eyes that were previously half closed were now wide open in surprise

her entire body flinched, eyes that were previously half closed were now wide open in surprise. slowly, lifting her head, the sight before her definitely wasn't what she expected to see...

"h...huh...?"

standing a small distance from her, on a part of the ground that was slightly taller, was...

a predator.

her eyes widened even more, and she quickly fell into a panic. fear surged through her entire body, forcing, urging her to get up and run, to not let herself just lay there and give her life away. so that's what she did, or tried to, at least.

the fear was soon replaced by pain, making her wince. when she opened her eyes again, she felt her entire body freeze. the predator who she had seen, was now gone... and while that might of seemed like a good thing, because they were gone, she knew that it wasn't.

not taking any chances, despite all of the pain that she was in, the fear of dying pushed through and urged her to evacuate. she began running again, and she felt adrenaline pumping through her veins. she could feel the blood leaving her body through her injured leg, not a good thing.

she knew that she couldn't let it bleed out, or she'd die, but its not like she was able to stop and take care of it, either. one, she didn't have anything to use to heal it with, and two, there was no way that she was going to let herself stop again, because this time she might not get up.

she didn't know where she was going, she had just ran in a random direction, not having any second thoughts. she feared that the predator was chasing after her at this very moment, and wasn't too far behind her, but there was no way to tell for sure without slowing herself down.

if it was chasing after her, then, well, she'd just have to run faster. though, that was alot more difficult than usual due to a certain injury that was slowing her down by quite a bit, giving her a disadvantage to the other creature who was preying on her.

she hoped, she begged that no more rocks would be hiding in the grass and will make her trip, ending her life. though, she should of wished that nothing would slow her down, not just simple rocks that were hiding...

because something did end up slowing her down, whether she wished for it not to happen or she did.

even more pain hit her, as her leg finally gave up on her. body slamming against the ground, which even though had soft grass, was still painful. after rolling a small distance, the petite creature let out a sudden noise of pure pain.

its injury which was left wide open, was unfortunately injured even further when a simple, seemingly harmless stick got stuck inside of it. as if it wasn't already hard enough to walk before, now it was nearly impossible, the pain increasing even more.

now it was it, now she was dead, there was no way that she was going to be able to get back up and continue to run away. unless the predator had lost her, then again she'd still die by blood lost, with all of the blood that was slowly dyeing the grass to a red color.

slowly, she felt herself growing weaker, as she slowly began to close her eyes, accepting her death, whether she would have a slow death or quick, and brutal one. either way, she was going to die...

"h-hey! why did you run off...?"

or was she?