𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

"Why does everyone hate me?" I ask Kevin, placing my head on the table at Pop's

"Why does everyone hate me?" I ask Kevin, placing my head on the table at Pop's. "Honey, nobody hates you," he says and I look up at him and scoff. "Really Kev?" I question.

"My last name is Lodge and everyone makes sure they remind me," I mumble sadly, my mind thinking about Jughead.

"V? Can we talk?" Betty's soft voice interrupts and I sigh, looking over at her. Kevin clears his throat and slides out of the booth. "I have to go meet Moose. See you later Ronnie," he says and I give him a small smile. "Thanks for trying to cheer me up Kev."

"I'm sorry—," Betty says but stops speaking when she sees the look I'm giving her. "I've always liked Jughead. He was my best friend before we started high school and he went to the Southside. I'm sorry I hid that from you," she whispers and I inwardly roll my eyes.

I can care less that she kept it a secret. It's the fact that her crush and now boyfriend is Jughead! The guy I fell for in secret. The guy I can't have. He's forbidden is more ways than one.

Elizabeth Cooper, the perfect girl next door. At least, that's what everyone thinks. Jughead might be a Serpent, but she's the snake.

"Look Betty, I just don't see why you couldn't talk to me, but it's okay," I tell her. "I have a date with Archie," I say with my signature Veronica Lodge smirk.

Her face falls and sadness flashes through her eyes. "Oh, well that's good then. I didn't know you liked him," she says with a slight attitude. "Well, I guess we were both good at keeping secrets."

"Cousin dearest," Cheryl's voice cuts through the tension. "Yes?" Betty asks, looking up at her cousin. It's crazy that they are relatives. "Polly and the twins are at Thornhill. She is asking for you." Betty's eyes light up and she jumps up. "Sorry V, I have to go," she mumbles before leaving Pop's.

"Good riddance," I mumble and lean back. "What do you really want?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. "What's up with you and hobo?" She asks and I give her a questioning look. "Nothing. Why?" I counter and she rolls her eyes. "Look V, we need your help to take down your dad."

"No we don't!" Jughead's angry voice fills our ears. Cheryl looks over at him and sighs. "Sit Jughead. Whatever is going on between the two of you needs to be resolved somehow. We need her," she tells him and he stares at her in disbelief.

"I'm the king. I lead this group. I make the decisions. Not you Cheryl. Remember that," he warns and stands up, leaving the diner. Toni slides in next to Cheryl and gives her a sympathetic look.

"It's okay babe. You tried," Toni tells her and Cheryl scoffs. "I failed TT. I never fail," she mumbles sadly and I roll my eyes. "I'll talk to him. Okay?" She whips her head up and smiles brightly. "Thank you Veronica. He just doesn't see it, but he needs you as well. Especially with Fp getting arrested."

Toni elbows her and she closes her mouth. "I said too much. See you later V. Maybe at my party tonight?" She asks and I nod. "Sure. Why not," I tell her and she smirks causing me to groan. That girl is up to something for sure and I have a feelings it involves Jughead.

"Later V," Toni says and I smile. "Later Toni." I give a small wave then sigh. What have I gotten myself into? I rest my head on the table once more and relax as the coolness touches my skin. "Veronica Lodge," a deep voice says and I shudder, picking my head up.

"Who are you?" I ask and the guys smirks. "I'm either your best friend or your worst nightmare. You'll have five minutes to decide. The name is Malachai."

Sorry! It's a bit short and ended with a cliffhanger. I'm horrible, I know. Bit of a filler. Wanted to give you guys an update.