𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐌𝐞 𝐕 𝐋𝐨𝐝𝐠𝐞

"Want to come back to mine?" Jughead asks while he caresses my cheek

"Want to come back to mine?" Jughead asks while he caresses my cheek. I bite my lip softly then look into his eyes. "I don't know if I should," I mumble.

"What if betty decides to stop by?" He frowns then opens his mouth, shutting it back instantly. "Or worse Jug.. What if my dad finds out? Or your dad?" I question and he groans in frustration.

"Then let's stay down in the basement. Pop won't mind. I used to crash here all the time when things were bad at home," he says softly, the small crease between his eyebrows telling me he's lost in thought.

"That could work, I can tell daddy I'm staying at Cheryl's because you broke my heart and I need girl time," I suggest and he looks at me with that same frown. "It's not a total lie. I did hurt you Veronica and I'm so sorry," He voices, leaning down to kiss my forehead.

"I know you are Juggie, but it'll still take time for me to heal, because everyday my heart will be breaking over and over. Seeing you with Betty kills me, but I know it was my idea. It's what has to be done. I can't let you die for me. I'm not worth it," I whisper and he growls in response.

"Yes you are!" He yells, throwing his hands in the air. "That's what you don't understand. I want you so bad that I don't care what happens to me," He says in defeat and my eyes begin to water.

I stand there taking in his broken appearance, from his dim sunken eyes to his disheveled hair. "You should though. You don't know what kind of man my father is. I'll do anything to get rid of him, but we have to be smart Jug. He has eyes everywhere. When I call him, he's going to know this argument happened. You know how?" I question, looking around.

"Because everyone is on his payroll. Even people you wouldn't believe," I mumble and he takes a deep breath, shaking his head. "Like my dad?" He asks and I nod, giving him a small smile. "Exactly Jug. Maybe I should just go home. I'll call you okay? I'm sorry you fell for the wrong girl," I tell him, giving him a brief hug.

Ping!

Daddykins 🖤 - Where are you?

Me - Leaving Pop's. My boyfriend just ended things with me.

Daddykins 🖤 - Oh Mija. I'll have your mom ready to talk when you get back. Get home safely, you never know what lurks in the night.

I roll my eyes and scoff. "You do daddy," I mumble, shoving my phone in my small purse. "I'll text you when I make it home Juggie. Please be safe, my dad is up to something. I.. I love you," I whisper then leave Pop's quickly, making my way down the road.

After ten minutes of walking, I regret my decision because my heels begin to hurt my feet due to the gravel. Headlights appear and I cautiously step to the side and turn around. "Need a ride?" A familiar voice asks and I squint my eyes to get a better look.

"Reggie?" I question and he laughs. "It's me V Lodge. You need a ride?" He asks once more and I look around, unsure of what to do. "I'll take you straight home Veronica. I can be a nice guy," he mumbles and I blush in embarrassment.

Well that's new, I think to myself. I never blush.

"Yes Reggie. Thank you." I get inside his car and sigh as the heat hits my cold skin. "Pembrooke?" He questions and I nod, really wishing that wasn't my destination.

"Yes. Thanks again Mantle. No telling what would have happened if you didn't show up," I tell him, leaning back against his warm seats.

"It's no problem. I was heading your way actually. Funny story, I think I'm going meet your dad. Something about hiring someone to drive his daughter to and from school and other places if needed," he tells me and I scoff, impressed with daddy's quickness.

"I think you're right Mantle. Well no need to stick around once we are there. You have the job, I'll let my father know," I tell him and he smirks, smacking the wheel. "Hell yeah and you can call me anytime you need Veronica. I could use the money," he says with pink cheeks.

"Don't be embarrassed. Just because I come from money, doesn't mean I'm better than you. And trust me, if I could live without this blood money, I would. But thank you, I will," I tell him and he frowns, the childlike behavior of his leaving.

"Are you okay?" He questions and I tilt my head. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I counter and he shrugs. "Just a feeling," he mumbles before stopping his truck. "Well here we are. You have a good night Veronica. Stay safe," he mumbles, while his eyes never leave the Pembrooke.

"You too Reggie." I climb out and close his door, watching as he leaves slowly. What was that about? When I turn around, I come face to face with my father, smiling proudly.

"Mija, I see you met your driver?" He asks and I nod, placing a fake smile on my face. "Yes daddy. Thank you, it's just what I needed," I tell him with an inward eye roll.

"Anything for you Mija. Now let's get inside. It's cold tonight," he mumbles while pulling me into his side.

Just wait daddy. You haven't won yet.

Ahhh! So I actually wrote this within the thirty minutes I woke up this morning lol. Forgot to publish it 😂