Chapter 1: Where Were You?

[12:00 AM]

Yang had been up all night waiting for her girlfriend Blake to come home. Blake had went out with some friends and hadn't come back despite saying she would be home before curfew which had passed two hours ago. She had tried calling and texting Blake for hours but no response.

"Yang? Are you still up?" Ruby, Yang's younger sister, asked as she wiped the sleep out of her eyes. Yang sighed and nodded. Ruby plopped onto the living room couch and stretched out yawning.

"Blake will come back. Maybe she stayed at a hotel or is staying at Ilia's the point is she might have just been too tired to make the trip home." Ruby sighed. Yang sat on the other couch and sighed.

"Maybe your right sis. Though she promised to keep me updated on things...I guess she forgot." Yang looked down in defeat.

Ruby got up, wished her sister goodnight, and went back to bed. Yang followed behind but stopped shortly at another room.

Ruby shut her door as Yang opened the door slowly. It was a small room, not decorated too much but the few decorations it had were for a child.

Yang stood next to the crib I the room and started to gently rock it as she began to sing a lullaby.

"Baby don't cry, sweet dreams, goodnight.." Yang sang as tears ran down her cheeks. One picture behind her was illuminated by the hall light.

The picture was of Yang and Blake, and Yang was pregnant.

Meanwhile Ruby was laying in bed holding an invitation to the light of her bedside lamp.

"Your invited to Weiss Schnee's wedding.

When: November 20th 2018.

Where: Atlas Amity Arena.

Food and drinks will be provided. Let's celebrate a beautiful relationship between these two."

Ruby sighed as she let her arm fall to her bed. "Where did I go wrong?" Ruby put the invitation away and curled up in her blankets.

[7:00 AM The next day]

Blake walked through the front door of the dorm obviously with a hang over. She plopped down on the couch and tried to fall asleep.

Ruby walked into the room and went to the kitchen before taking a double take and saw Blake on the couch.

"Blake?" Ruby called out. Blake put a thumbs up before her arm fell back down to the couch.

"Yang was worried about you! She tried calling you! Where were you?" Ruby yelled as she stomped towards the couch.

"Ruby don't shout I have a headache." Blake mumbled.

"Blake you don't normally drink. What happened last night?" Ruby began her interrogation.

"We went to a bar. I had a few drinks and Ilia took me to her place for the night. No big deal." Blake responded.

Ruby sighed. She wanted to believe her friend but it's odd for Blake to go out drinking.

"Blake?" Blake quickly lifted her head to see her girlfriend with tear streaks on her cheeks.

"Yang." Blake could not utter another word.

"Where were you!" Yang shouted. "I tried calling you, texting you, I was so worried I almost called the police!" Tears streamed down Yang's cheeks.

"I thought I lost you Blake." Yang stormed off back to her room and slammed the door shut.

"Told you." Ruby said before quickly entering the kitchen again.

Blake sat alone in utter shock.