Chapter 5: Ambush!

please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE...Bless you.

NARRATOR'S POV

Ivan was a typical methodical man.

He prioritized himself in making sure that everything was sorted out and no stones were ever left unturned.

This isn't necessarily.

That voice inside his head argued again.

Too late though, for he couldn't turn back now.

In retrospect, he probably could but he was already halfway across town in a plane, economy class, sandwiched in between two overweight women and a baby on the lap of the other woman. He didn't mind the slight discomfort.

Who was he kidding, he minded big time. He forgot how Economy class felt like since the last time which was a little over fifteen years ago and he dreaded how he felt at the moment.

It was no big news that Ivan Stefan Smith was loaded and he had enough to satiate many generations of his to come. All thanks to his father and  well, himself too.

He had no choice in the matter, this was the only seat available on emergency and he couldn't wait.

He didn't mind the dumbfounded gawking of several ladies as he stepped through the isle.

He knew he stood out like a sore thumb, with the way he donned on designers from head to toe.

A stark difference from every passenger on flight 145, Emirates Airlines.

One lady was currently taking a video of him on the plane while giggling and gossiping with her brunette friend right beside her.

Of course, his face was on every magazine and he was a celebrity to an extent.

He dragged his thoughts back to the present.

He was a man on a mission.

The most important one in his life.

Aquille D'Ombra orchestrated the demise of his real family and he was going to get to the bottom of the issue, even if it meant making himself uncomfortable on a rodeo ride.

He had been chasing different leads all this while with the help of his bestfriend who happened to be working in an intelligence agency.

Now, he had something.

Something worth canceling all his appointments for.

Albeit, it was a chain of a club owned by a Spanish Mafia.

Lure 'n Allure.

He was going to infiltrate the damned place and get his answers tonight.

He swore and dashed a beguiling smile at the lady on the isle, currently stalking him with her hoodwinked gaze.

CRV'S POV

"Buona sera" I greeted customarily while shooting an accusatory glance at Nando

(Good evening)

Silently questioning his intelligence in my mind

"You didn't tell me they were Chinese muppets" I soliloquized.

"Good to finally meet you, Mr. Vitale. We've been awaiting your presence" the rotund man took his time to make his way towards us and stretched forth his chubby right hand, aiming for a handshake. I stared at him up from the tip of his poorly manicured nails to his Rolex watch, the impeccable designer suit which had a great effort in hiding the enormous pouch he was sporting right around his middle area, to tobacco blackened smiling teeth, his spectacled face coupled with his highly receding but well combed hairline and then his deadly mischievous dull black eyes.