CHAPTER 6: The pre-meeting

This chapter is dedicated to @missy007...Thanks for the votes and lovely comments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NARRATOR's POV

Fantasia

Ivan was lost. His electric gaze following the overly seductive sway of hyperflexible hips of the aquamarine dancer.

He was entranced. These ladies were geniuses in their profession. The DJ had a seductive sonnet playing in the background as the half-clad exotic dancers stole the attention of every single red-blooded male in the room.

He wanted to show his appreciation for such an intoxicating display. He was going to deposit a wad of cash on the spinning stage but he thought against it the minute he had it in his mind.

He had to be discrete.

He was here on a ruse. Eric, his best friend and tech bastard had found a way to jam thier monitors and sneak in his name on the invite's list.

That's why he was able to sit in the first row, watching the ferrous over zealous display of women perfection.

He wasn't typically a sucker for stuff like this.

Heck, all his twenty-nine years on earth, he only stepped into a strip club thrice.

One as a willful teenage tard, another for amusement from cajoling friends and the last time which is the present, on a secret spy mission to gather dirt on Aquille D'Ombra.

He downed another glass of scotch as a dancer upstage beguiled him with a seductive smile.

His spying plan can wait a few minutes. He smiled back slyly.

He had no plans of humoring her, he just wanted to feel like an ordinary man would, just for few minutes.

He timed himself, five more minutes and the plan to snoop around is back on.

Not even a tempting gaze from any lady in here could stop his entry much less exit plan.

Deep down, he felt something brewing, his mind chanting.

The night is long and a lot can happen in one night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CRV's POV

Phantasmagorical.

It still all seemed just that unbelievable.

I mean it felt that way. I groaned, tussling in my recumbent posture, arising from the deepest sleep I have ever had.

It felt like a thousand needles were pricking me all over my body. My head was over crowded with pain. Every God-damn muscle in my by felt like lead. I groaned in pain still trying to find a comfortable position from the cold concrete floor I was laying on.

"Ah,it hurts,cazzo"

I mumbled, feeling pathetic.

I grimaced as I tried stretching my arms and legs and forcefully open my tightly shut eyelids. I succeeded on the latter but it was so hard to get my bearing. Everything spinned at first but later, I was able to make out where I was thanks to the little filter of light coming from the open slit on the upper part of the enormous metal door which was no doubt, heavily barricaded.

When I was finally able to comprehend what was going on, questions unabashedly raced in my mind.

Why did my own mafia betray me?