Bhubaneswar part 2

Not edited.

The capital of Odisha is just like mini mumbai which never sleeps. Its is the educational centre of Odisha.

All the rush, traffic, shops, businesses can be found here.

Bhubaneswar has been a yearly destination for me to visit. My grandparents and relatives live here. 

If you have been living in a small town like I used to and you come to Bbsr then you will feel that all the places are far away from each other but once you adjust you realise its not really that far in comparison to other big cities.

Six things that you will observe everywhere while roaming the streets and roads of Bbsr are Colleges, Coconut trees,Coconut sellers, Dahibara sellers, Food shops and Temples.

You will find food shops varying in size from a cart shop to five star hotels.

The educational and political effect can be clearly seen around here.

Not only that but also the uncountable number of temples. But the most popular temple belongs to Shiv ji. The great Lingaraj temple is a marvelous work of architecture and religious values.

The pratima of Lord Shiv ji is always covered with milk, leaves and flowers but once in every year it is visible for devotees. Also on the eve of Shiv ratri, a big sized Diya is taken up to the highest point of the temple and kept there as a tradition. This temple is also a second home to many priests.

I remember one of my visits, don't know the exact occasion but it was an important day for the temple and it was so crowded.I must be in 7th class or 8th. I got squeezed between people and I got panicked and cried. I am not a person who loves to be squeezed in the crowd.  But after a glance at Lord Shiv ji it was peaceful for me.

Moving on to next is the museum. There are two museums that I have visited. One of them is the main state museum another is a smaller one but very interesting one.

I remember always forcing everyone to take me to museum. I love visiting it.

I remember the little skeleton of Human langura(not sure if its the correct name) in the state museum and the skeleton of a very long whale in the smaller one.

Next one is Planetarium though I have not visited it yet.

And one of my favorite places is Nandankanan. The zoo of Bhubneswar and favorite picnic spot. I love watching animals.

I remember, on my last visit when me and my family were taking lunch a little monkey tried to steal our whole tiffin!. I also remember the little baby elephant who blessed my father by putting his trunk in a blessing manner on my father's head.

I remember the peacocks showing their feathers and also the ropeway which we didn't  sadly ride into.

Nandankanan is a place which I would love to visit again and again.

There is also an amusement park in Bhubaneswar called Nicco park. I had visited it years back but I remember enjoying it.

We had once visited on Christmas day and there was Santa Claus giving out chocolates. Me and my sister lined up for chocolate. It was fun to get chocolates from Santa Claus. At that time it was Santa uncle giving me his gift. It was beautiful to see the twinkling lights and decorations.

I was always scared to go on the Ferris wheel and the break dance ride whereas my sister was eager to ride those. Yet, I have gone on these rides few times.

There are lots of things in Bbsr to enjoy and learn from. The tasty dahibaras or the aloo chat that makes your finger lick are to must try for.

It was a must for me to eat aloo chat while visiting bbsr. I think the best aloo chat is available here.

I always thought a drive on the roads of Bhubaneswar was itself a tour because there are lots of building old or new that has its own importance and history to know for.

So what are you waiting for? Next time you visit Odisha, do not miss those above listed things.

Till then stay tuned to An Insider to India and keep smiling!.

Happy Independence day to all my friends. Tomorrow is a very big day for India. So my wishes in advance :)