Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Now, I want you all to go out into the beautiful streets of this city and capture something breathtaking. Capture something that will make people never forget your image." Said Mr. Samuels. He is one of the most soulful people I have ever met and the best teacher I have ever had. "It can be of whatever inspires you," he continued. "Your grade will be based on your creativity and technique. Now, go out and get inspired!" He said this right as the loud sound of the bell had awakened our sleepy souls.

I gathered my notebooks and put them into my leather shoulder bag, I then took my Nikon camera and put it around my neck. I was walking out of the door when Mr. Samuels said,

"I know you will be good at this one Emily."

"Thanks" I said and returned the hopeful smile he had given me. It had been 2 weeks since I had first arrived at New York University and it was alrerady better than I had ever dreamed of. I never imagined that I would actually walk this campus and breathe this air. I was halfway down the hallway when I heard Macey call my name.

"Emily!" she shouted, while, running up to me with notebooks and lose papers in her hands.

"Hey, whats up?" I met Macey in my Englsih class and we instantly clicked. She is the type of person who you don't have think about what to say next because she does it for you. She fixed her choppy brown, strands of hair that were in her face.

"Oh, you know sky scrapers and city lights." She said, with a smirk on her face. "Hey so I was wondering if you wanted to go to this party with me tonight? Its gonna be wicked!" Im not really the party type of person, but I said yes anyway.The last time I went to a party was so long ago I had no memory of it what so ever. Macey seemed like one of those life of the party kind of girls, so I said yes thinking it would be a blast and a new expirence.

"Great! I"ll pick you up at eight," she said walking away. I walked out the door and looked up at the sky, it was a perfect day in New York City and I was so eager about the photgraphy assignment that I thought I would go and get some inspiration before tonight.

I got a cab and was on my way to Times Square. I figured it would be a good place to start because Times Square had always been a place that had left me breatless, especially at night. I remeber seeing it on Movies and TV shows when I was little. I remember thinking to myself, that is where I want to be, That thought ran through my mind thousands of times. I was finally here,

When I arrived at Times Square, I payed the cab driver and started walking down the streets of mysterious souls and buildings whose hearts were made out of promo. I tried to find good angles to shoot at while having decent subjects, but as I have discovered in the last 2 weeks of being in NYC is that the people here are quite out there and sometimes like to mess with you.

I decided to keep walking until I found something that could be unforgettable in the mind of a person. I stoped and decided to check my phone for any texts or missed phone calls. As I was looking for my phone in black hole I call my bag, I felt somone crash into me. I had almost fallen in the hard pavement, when I caught myself.

"Im so sorry!" said a voice.

I looked up and saw a man. He had sparkling brown eyes and brown hair that seemed to fall perfectly in place. He was wearing a black leather jacket and dark washed jeans. As I looked into his soulful brown eyes I realized that I had looked into them before a long time ago. His face, I had seen before, I would see it all the time when I was younger. I reconized those perfect teeth that created the most beautiful smile. It was him. It was Greyson Chance