0.2

It was my seventh birthday and the little gentle raindrops slowly turned into loud pounding drops of water on the roof. My mom and I had originally planned it so that my friends and I could go play outside and go to the park while the parents talked about you know, grown up stuff like work and nails and hair and whatever they talk about. Since that idea got rained out my mom was upset about the idea but I still insisted on keeping the original plan. She sighed and shook her head and when everybody came over they decided to just stay inside. I was sad though, I really loved the feeling of standing outside in dry clothes while the little pieces of the sky fell into you and quickly, but gently soaking them and your hair tickling your cheeks and nose when they fall over your eyes.

All the other kids ran screamed around the house laughing and playing tag, but I was different. I blocked all of their noises out of my head as best as I could so all I could hear was faint noises of outbursts of my friends downstairs. I went up to my room and sat on the bench next to my window and just starred out and watching the rain drops race their way down to the window sill. My mom had set up an iPod player and speakers in my room. They were pink and girly but I used them anyways. I turned on the speakers and the player and I started my music dancing around to it and listening to the rain and when I was tired I just lied on the floor starring at the ceiling with the music down low listening to the, "thump thump thump" of the rain until I finally closed my eyes feeling myself fall asleep. That was until I felt a familiar voice say my name.

"Mariah?"

and that's how it all began.

ok so I've had this on like hiatus since September but I think I'm going to start it up again :-) happy 2015