Chapter Two: Something wrong

** SIX MONTHS LATER**

I snuggled into his side as he laid there panting. That had been great sex I thought to myself.

I slowly inched myself off the bed and made my way to the adjoining master bath. Eric had fallen asleep like he always does everytime after we have sex and I decided to shower up and take a pregnancy test before he woke.

I quietly shut the bathroom door and turned the hot water on, letting the steam fill the air as I pulled the hair elastic from my dark locks. I washed my face quickly and noticed that I had left the ovulation stick on the counter. I grabbed it and smiled when the digital display still produced the smiley face that meant I was currently ovulating.

Throwing the stick in the garbage, I turned the water down and jumped in quickly. Washing my hair was a chore as my chocolate brown lengths were exactly that - lengthy. My hair was already nearing my bottom and that meant an extensive amount of shampoo and conditioner were always needed in our household. I turned the water off and stepped out into a towel. I quickly made my way to the cupboard to grab a pregnancy test and squatted over the toilet.

As I waited for the results to show on the tiny digital screen, I gathered my clothes together and got dressed with an air of grace I didn't know I possessed. Usually I was stumbling about trying to get my legs into my pants. To myself it seemed that today would be a great day. Today would be the day. I grabbed everything I'd need for work and stuffed it quickly into my purse before taking a deep, calming breath and walking into the bathroom.

The tiny pregnancy stick called to me like a glowing beacon. I walked over and grabbed it closing my eyes and hoping - praying that today was the day. I slowly opened my eyes and the instant I saw the results tears starting pouring hot and fast over my cheeks.