Circus Nightmare

"This is a predicament now isn't it" He said to himself as he walked down the same sewer drain. It was certainly cold and disgusting. He shivered slightly and rubbed his arms as he walked down further towards the edge, before he was able to exist the entire sewer and breathe fresh air again. He crawled out coughing more and covering his mouth.

Nightmare had a very weak immune system. And was known for getting sick very easily. He was practically crawling on the ground before coughing up something black. He looked back down at his arm where he was injected so much, and saw the swelling. He gritted his teeth and laughed in anger. "W-We'll that's unfortunate.." he said getting up more. "It can't get any worse now can it-"

Of course, he was took quick to talk.

A rain drop hit him right on the nose, till it started pouring down rain right onto his hat and jacket. Nightmares face turned into a completely emptiness face. He looked at the sky and laughed loudly. "You enjoying yourself!? You like watching me so vulnerable!?" He yelled at the sky, as if he was having a conversation with someone. He picked up a rock and chucked it at the sky angry, only to watch it fall back down. "You did this to me! I was a man of free will!" He screamed to himself as he ripped his hat off and cussed at the sky. "I had everything!! I had the world in the palm of my hand and you took that from me! God damn it I prayed to you and worshiped you and this is how you replay me!?" He said falling on his knees as he rubbed his hand and looked at his hands before coughing up more blood and wiped his mouth. His entire body was soaking wet as he shivered and looked at his hands. "A-Am I dying..?" He asked himself and looked at the sky. "Why can't you just let me die then? I'd rather rot in hell then spend another day on this damn wasteland-" he said as he grabbed his hat and continued walking in the rain holding his arms. He coughed occasionally into his hand as he shivered more in annoyance.

It had been a good area of walking before coming upon an empty huge tent. But the tent wasn't lit. Nightmare assumed that it just meant whoever was there was possibly asleep, but to his surprise, there was no crew parked anywhere. The tent had been abandoned, probably due to a weather issue at one point or from any number of events, if they needed to leave and had no time to bring the tent with them.

Nightmare opened it to get out of the rain, and looked around for a moment. He was able to light a stage candle from the side and walked down. There were bleachers set up in front of a huge stage, and equipment was scattered everywhere. He walked around the area more, going to the backstage area and holding the candle up to where the sign read in big letters

"Ringmaster Headquarters"

Nightmare held his chin and opened it, the entire place was completely vacant of people.

He stood in the middle of the stage puzzled almost. "Now why would someone leave such a great abandonment of space..?" He asked himself before trying to find the title of the circus. But there didn't seem to be one. He looked back at old flyers, setting the candle down and looked at a piece of paperwork that had in ink

Circus C-

But the letters seemed to be blurrier out from being weathered out. He softly rubbed his chin as he took his wet coat off to dry. He was completely soaking wet from head to toe practically. He tried to think.

There weren't many original home circuses in England. None that he could remember anyways. He had only been to a circus once in his life, but it was a very very long time ago, a time he wouldn't be able to remember.

He then lifted his head suddenly before smiling.

"France.. France has many different kinds of circuses" he said for a moment with a smile. The only circus he could think of from the top of his head, would have been Circus Du Soleil (meaning Circus of the Sun, which Nightmare could speak fluent French). He tapped his finger to his chin. Then a sick twisted idea came to mind.

If he was going to be stuck here doing the dirty work, why couldn't he just fake a performance? He had enough stage knowledge to fake a circus, it could keep him hidden for years if he needed it. He smirked before he started to chuckle to himself.

"A circus.. that the public comes to see for money.. without even knowing it's being run by criminals.." he said as he held his chin and looked at the circus flyer. "But of course we will need more members.. people so down low that they will have no other place to go but here.. and I can stage myself as this events master.." he said with a smirked. "Ringmaster~" He grabbed a pen and ink from the desk and carefully dipped it.

"If Circus Du Soleil took the title of light, I guess we will just have to take the title of darkness.." he smirked. "London doesn't even know what's about to invade it.." before he wrote down in ink finishing the title in cursive writing

Circus Cauchemar

(Circus Nightmare)