Only Part

My names Nigel and I'm an American shorthair I'm also eleven years of age. So when my mother was born she ran away from her home and got lost she found a little cave and survived until she could go and hunt mice instead of insects and bugs. Her name was Marley, she grew up and found a male cat, that's how I was born. Everything was going good, no, great until a herd of hungry wolves attacked the cave mum and dad tried to protect us, but the wolves injured them they told my brother sister and I to run. My brother got attacked and died, but Evie and I escaped in one piece I have relived that terrible day for my entire life. Now we are safe with a very kind and loving family that care and feed us with love and friendship.

Everything was going fine until we were old enough to go outside on our own. One day whilst adventuring the outside world we had seen something moving in the shadows of the forest, but being so young we didn't really care about what it was. We went back indoors to eat and sleep, after dinner we played around with our toy for a bit. We eventually got really tired and went upstairs and instead of sleeping in our beds we decided to sleep in our owners bed. In the morning we woke up but we just wanted to lie there for a while, our owner kept calling us so we could eat. We got up ate and went outside again but the shadow wasn't a shadow anymore, it was a face. We stared at the face for a really long time, after a lot of staring we decided to investigate it was a dog with long black fur but it was kinda small and looked lost in the trees and didn't know how to get out of the bushes, so I guess he was stuck there.

We asked the dog what his name was, he said his name was Sid and that he got lost and couldn't find his way home. Evie and I managed to free the dog, Sid. We meowed as loud as we could and got my owners attention she opened the door and let us all in. Sids muddy paws made the floors filthy. My owner gave Sid a bath and tried to contact his owner, but the number had been changed and she couldn't find out we're he lived. It was getting late and the three of us were very tired so we ate and went to bed. The following morning we were wakened by the sound of a yapping dog barking at a car that drove past. Our owner got up looking tired, fed us, and let us outside. The dog started barking again but was chasing a car, we chased after him but he wouldn't stop.

Sid then stopped dead in the middle of the road as we came up to the highway. He ran into the forest, again, we chased after him. We got lost and cold, we were very hungry and kinda sleepy they went to a cave it looked kind of familiar. We went into the cave and it clicked Evie looked at me and I looked at her, it was our cave that we had to run away from, we were home.

In the morning we woke up and found some insects to eat but we were not used to not being full but we knew that we were lost and that we had to share and be smart. We travelled and travelled until we could travel no more we found another cave.

9 YEARS LATER

Im fully matured now and I still haven't gotten home. We have been living off mice and insects for a long time. I see a light through the trees we go to it I see it's a house I realised then, I'm home. I'm old now and haven't gotten lost again. My owner decided to keep the dog Sid and we are happy that we lived. We know how to survive out in the wild but hopefully we won't need that.