Katniss

As soon as I wake up, I feel the same hatred for him I have always felt. The same mind-searing, burning passion of disgust I feel is so intense that I could kill him. End everything we ever had together. It would make my life a whole lot easier, killing Peeta.

The only reason he is still alive right now is because of this stupid table I am strapped to. I remember the look of horror on his face as I let that arrow fly. What did he expect to happen? After all the suffering I had to endure, for HIM, all the torture I went through. It's HIS fault that I have all of these scars. It's HIS fault I will never be the same again. The games were made to help us, make us stronger. Determine our strengths so that we can find our rightful place in the Capitol.

But that's not what they believe. They; Peeta, who almost killed me in the Hunger Games. Who poisoned the bread he threw to my family when we were starving. Haymitch, who is too drunk to care and couldn't even get me a sponsor. Finnick, who betrayed me to save himself. Prim, who cares for everyone except me. Gale, who constantly defies the Capitol by hunting beyond the fence. And countless others. They are the rebels.

They say I am the Mockingjay. That I started this war for a cause I believed in. That I was willing to risk my life for it. Well if that was true, it's not true now. If that's how I was yesterday, today I am a monster. A free one.

The Capitol are the good guys, you see. They are just looking for peace. Some control and authority in this crazy world. Without them, where would we be? In chaos, that's where. Even though because of my so-called friends we are.