The Hunt

Kartos saw the girl was up and looking at the shackles on her in hate and pain, memories that she'd were coming back. Yet when the Spartan made his way to the children the girl looked to him with shock written in her eyes. She calmed down when she saw that the man wasn't going hurt her, she sighed in relief.

"Father, this is y-n." Atreus said looking at his father as Y-n stood up on shaky legs.

The shacing stopped after a few seconds and she stuttered, "H-hello... S-s-sir..."

Kartos kneels to her and held out dagger (pic below) that did hang from her necklace, if you could call it that. She placed it back on the chain letting it rest where it belonged. Y-n couldn't remember where the dagger came from but it was important to her.

 Y-n couldn't remember where the dagger came from but it was important to her

"Father can we go hunting, we're getting low on food."

Kartos hummed in thought, and said, "Come children."

"R-ight n-now?"

"Yes."

They exit to house to stand next to a path leading away from the small house.

"Can you hunt girl?"

Y-n nodded with a "yes, I think so."

"Show me how you hunt deer."

"O-ok." With that Y-n ran off leading the way hoping and intently looking to find deer tracks.

"Father, why are we doing this now?"

"I need to make sure that she's well prepared for the dangerous journey that we will take after we hunt the deer."

Soon enough Y-n spots animal tracks on the snow, but they're not deer tracks they're are wolf tracks. They keep moving forward until Y-n spotted deer tracks.

"S-sir, deer tracks."

Atreus takes a look at the tracks to see if Y-n was right and she was.

"Nice eye."

"Good... Let's find your deer."

They keep moving forward into the woods for a while until the deer popped out of nowhere in front of Y-n, she screeched out in surprise.

"...I-i found it."

"hahahah... I had the same reaction when I first hunted my deer."

Moments later they encounter a Draugr, reanimated corpses that haunt battlefields. Alot of these exist, some with magical abilities and others with different weapons and equipment such as shields. They are found commonly throughout Midgard.

Kartos tells Y-n to stay back as he grabs the Leviathan axe with his right hand from his holdster. The axe changes into its ice form and attacks the Draugr, it took a few hits to take down but it was somewhat easy for the god of war and his son. A few more raise from the ground and Atreus took them all out without taking any damage.

One more Draugr comes from behind Atreus, the ugly creature attempts to strike Atreus over his head. Y-n instinctively grabbed her dagger and shoved Atreus out of the dead thing's way. Atreus rolls to a stop and watches as the dagger glows changing into a sword. Y-n slashed at the Draugr's neck and it drops at her feet before it fades away.

She looked at the sword as it shrank back into a dagger, that had never happened before. She shook as she saw something reflected in the metal, it wasn't anyone she knew but the eyes were terrifying and glowing a sickly black hue. Shacking her head, Y-n put her dagger away and helped Atreus up. Kartos hadn't expected that to happen but he was greatful that Y-n had saved his son.

They enter the old temple, they see the deer and it was on the other side of the temple from the outside. Y-n tracked the deer even though she could fight well like Atreus or Kartos. Her face held a smile that lightened the mood. They jump across the broken path leading downstairs to the lower part of the temple.

Y-n and Atreus pull the chain downward to make the gate go up but there's a second gate that's closed and connected to the front. Kartos tells the tso to hold on to the chain, after he does that Kartos grabs the Leviathan axe and throws it at this circular mechanism to freeze it in place so it can keep the front gate from falling. They walk to the open gate but the second gate was closed so Kartos calls back the Leviathan axe to his right hand making the second gate open. And now they continue to follow the deer, moments later they spot the deer near Faye's garden standing over a the edge as it just stood there in out in the open.
Y

-n climbs up a nearby tree and silently make her way to where her prey is. Jumped from branch to branch she gets right above the deer, holding the dagger in her right hand with the blade facing her. With the deer not seeing her, Y-n jumped from her perch and landed on the deer's back. In that second, before the deer could even get a chance to run, Y-n slit the deer's throat. The deer dropped to the ground, dead.

Kartos had no idea how Y-n kept quiet in the trees when jumping around as she had. Well at least they had fresh meat, for now. Kartos praised Y-n on her kill and picked up the deer as they made their trek back to the house.