Chapter 3

Its 2am and Alice and I have just been getting on so well. Instead of falling asleep, we've been bragging about the drunks we've seen today and just getting to know each other better. I learnt that she's half Australian, she's been with Jay for 2 years and that Jay and Matty are good friends, which is how they know each other. I also learnt more about Matthew. He has a little brother, he's in a band him and his mates formed called the 1975 (that explains his tattoo on his arm), he sings and plays guitar, and he's only 22.

We're on the topic of boys now, and I hope Matthew isn't listening to what we're saying.

"Sooo Tarnee, whats ya type?" Alice nudges my shoulder and raises her eyebrows up and down.

I hesitate, thinking about what I'm going to say. What is my type? I haven't had a proper boyfriend yet and I'm 19. Its sad that 12 year olds have had their first kiss and I still never even invited a boy over to my house.

"I don't really know what I'm attracted to...but i think i found out today."

"What do you mean?" Alice is now sitting up with her legs crossed.

"Well, when I saw Matty, he made me not get my eyes off him, if yano what i mean?"

"Of fucking course i know what you mean! So you were attracted to him?"

"Yeah, I think so. I couldn't stop looking at him, its like when you see an attractive person and you just need to look at them because you don't see many of those"

"Very rare species." I laugh at Alice's joke, whereas she looks very proud that she made me laugh.

"I think my type is Matthew, just...yeah matthew."

"Awwwwh thats cute, its exactly how me and Jay started. I met him at this café with my friend, she wanted me to meet him and i thought he was hot. I wasn't soooo into him at first but as I got to know him better, he needed to be mine!"

Suddenly, we hear a loud snore beside us. We couldn't see if it was Matty or Jay since it was closed off.

"Thats Jay. He snores sooo loudly, i want to sleep out in the cold to get a good sleep."

Alice then yawns and lays down.

"I'm tired, goodnight. Let the music wake me up please"

I say goodnight and lay beside Alice, but I don't fall asleep. My eyes are wide open and my mind is all over the place. Why did i say that to Alice? She's gonna obviously tell Matthew i said all this and its just gonna make everything awkward. Its not like i like him though, I just met him. i find him attractive, thats all. what's wrong with that?

As I keep questioning myself, i find myself slowly drifting to sleep, the last person i thought of was Matthew.