Chapter 2

Kris opened his eyes. He was back in the Dark world. He felt a hand holding his and remembered Susie was there, with him. He shook her awake and she yelled, "Who's there!? Oh. It's just you, Kris." 

Kris and Susie stood up and they headed over to Lancer's castle. It took them quite a while to get there, but they finally arrived. Kris knocked on the door and it opened. Susie and Kris stepped inside and took an elevator to the floor where Lancer's new throne was at. When they got up to that floor, the two saw Lancer sleeping on his throne. Susie's eyes lit up as she saw her best friend. 

"Lancer!" She called out and ran over to him. Lancer opened his eyes and looked at Susie. He immediately brightened up and yelled, "Susie!" While hugging her. They hugged while Kris watched and smiled at them. Then Kris heard a voice behind him: "Kris? Is that you?" Kris turned around and there was his best friend, Ralsei. Kris smiled and hugged him and Ralsei hugged back, blushing. 

"Why did you come back?" Ralsei asked as he pulled back from the hug. 

"We missed you and Lancer," Kris responded. Kris looked at Ralsei. He seemed so familiar. Everything about him looked familiar, but he still couldn't tell what it was.

"Um.. Kris? Why are you staring at me?" Ralsei asked while blushing. Kris blushed a little and replied, "Oh, um... I was just thinking." 

"Oh, okay," Ralsei responded.

"Hey, Lancer?" Susie asked. 

"Yeah?" He replied. Susie blushed said, "I-I think I have a crush on... Kris..."

"Ooooooooooh! Kris and Susie sittin in a-" 

"LANCER STOP!!" Susie screamed. Lancer nervously laughed and Kris and Raslei looked over at them. Ralsei looked worried and asked, "Is everything okay, you two?" Susie's eyes widened and she replied, "Oh uh yeah! Perfectly okay!" Lancer giggled and Susie was blushing.

Ralsei smiled and looked at Kris. He really liked the human, but he seemed oddly familiar. He didn't want to get too close with Kris, though. 

"So what should we do?" Ralsei asked them.

"Ralsei you have to make me cake! Remember?" Susie said with a teasing tone in her voice. Ralsei smiled, "Oh, yes! I promised that I would. You guys can sit on the couch while I bake the cakes." Ralsei pointed towards a couch near them and the three sat on it while Ralsei left the room towards the kitchen.

All of a sudden Lancer got up and said, "Oh I just remembered that I have to umm.... Go do something... But tell me when the cakes are ready!" Lancer ran away. Susie knew exactly what he was trying to do. Getting her and Kris to be alone together. She knew that he was watching them somewhere; probably with a secret camera.

"So... What should we do while we're waiting, Kris?" Susie asked. Kris shrugged but then he leaned his head against her shoulder. Susie could feel her face heating up. She hoped that Kris couldn't see her blushing. He probably didn't like her in that way, I mean friends lean their head on their friend's shoulder, riiihght? She thought.

But then she felt Kris' hand on her hand. She felt her heart racing. Oh my gosh... Does he like me!? She thought in alarm. But this was the best moment ever. Kris holding her hand and leaning against her shoulder. She just wanted to kiss him...

Wait, what? Kiss him? What if he a tually didn't like her in that way? Her brain was battling in thoughts if she should or shouldn't kiss him. The should side won. She didn't want to seem cowardly for being so scared of what he would think. She sat up and Kris jerked his head away from her shoulder in alarm.

Uh oh have I scared him? She thought. Then she turned her head towards him. He turned his head and looked at her as well. She could see that he was blushing. She was almost 100% positive that he liked her back. She could feel her heart pounding as she inched her head closer to Kris' head.

Kris widened his eyes as he realized what was happening. He had been having feelings for Susie, as well. But she was trying to kiss her!? They were both blushing really hard and when their lips were just a few centimeters apart, Ralsei came into the room and yelled, "The cakes are done!"

Susie and Kris pulled away from their almost-kissing position. Kris was nervous. Did Ralsei see them? And Susie was sweating and really embarrassed. She was positive that Ralsei had seen them about to kiss. Ralsei looked next to Susie and Kris." where's Lancer?" He asked. As if on que, Lancer ran into the room and yelled "CAKE!!"

The other three just laughed and then they all started eating Ralsei's cake. It was the best cake Kris and Susie had ever eaten. And while they were eating, Kris and Susie were holding hands beneath the table.