cast (for book i): aegon the conqueror to maegor the cruel

House Blackmount:
House Blackmount, kin to the Targaryens; one of three Houses (Blackmount, Targaryen, Velaryon) to escape the Doom of Valyria.

Due to their relations - Aegon, Visenya and Rhaenys' grandmother being a Blackmount; and Valarr, Haeron and Daenora's grandmother being a Targaryen - the Blackmounts rose with the Targaryens to conqueror Westeros, despite having better relations with the Westerosi (hence the marriage of Baeron Blackmount to the half-Valyrian, half-First Men blooded Allyara Dayne).

As such, they were named Lord Paramounts of the Skylands and Wardens of the Heart of Westeros.

The Skylands: 70% mountains, and 30% fertile lands and rich, prosperous mines.

House Blackmount resides on the tallest of all the mountains - the largest in all of Westeros and Essos - Mount Blackmount. A place near impossible to get to without the aid of a dragon, their Keep was atop the mountain, and also within it.

The Skylands in general were a fortress, mountains surrounding the 30% of fertile land and mines; a death trap for armies.

Not only were they surrounded by Mountains, but the Skylands were also known as 'the Lands of Ever-Night' as they seemed to be in a permanent state of darkness, with a cold, Northern-like climate (the Skylands resided in the North-West of Westeros).

Their words are: we are the dark wings that reign the skies.

Their sigil is: two coyotes upon their hind legs, front paws touching with dragons flying above them upon a black field.

As of 1 AC, the Blackmounts are in possession of five dragons and twelve dragon eggs:

Tyraxes: the largest dragon alive, and named for a Valyrian Goddess. Tyraxes was the dragon of Vaelorna Blackmount, who saved her family from the Doom of Valyria.

Tyraxes is also known as the Queen of the Skies due to her sheer size and dominating nature; she is also golden in colour, with bright red eyes.

Has been rode by: Vaelorna Blackmount, Rhaena Blackmount and, currently, Daenora Blackmount.

Tyraxes is well known for only selecting female riders, having burned Haegon Blackmount to death when he tried to claim her.

Arrax: known as 'the Crimson King'.

Arrax is smaller than Tyraxes and Aegon Targaryen's dragon - Balerion - but is larger than the others.

Was hatched and nurtured by Haeron Blackmount, the second son, and is the most efficient at war fare out of all of the dragons; just like Haeron.

Arrax is black in colour, with onyx eyes; known as the 'Crimson King' due to the sheer number of lives the dragon has taken in battle.

This dragon's only rider has been Haeron Blackmount.

Gaelithox: known as 'the Swift'. One of the fastest dragons recorded to live, and is named after a Valyrian God.

Was the dragon of Lady Allyara Blackmount née Dayne before she died in the Battle of Saeron (the island of which the Blackmounts sought to conquer).

Gaelithox is dark blue in colour, with dark indigo eyes and is smaller than all the other dragons (though only just smaller than Vhagar) but twice as fast.

Known dragonriders: Allyara Blackmount née Dayne and Valarr Blackmount.

The other two dragons: Hyrox and Shrykos are currently riderless, and the other eggs unclaimed.

Members of House Blackmount:

Baeron Blackmount, King of Night

Allyara Blackmount nee Dayne, Queen of Night

Charlie Hunman as Valarr Blackmount

'The Night Dragon'

Kellan Lutz as Haeron Blackmount

'The Warrior Dragon'

Katherine Winnick as Daenora Blackmount

'The She-Dragon'

Naomi Watts as Visenya Targaryen / Claire Holt as Rhaenys Targaryen / Chris Hemsworth as Aegon Targaryen / Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Orys Baratheon / Henry Cavill as Artos Stark / Alex Pettyfer as Theo Tyrell / Lucky Blue Smith as Aelyx Velaryon / Gabriella Wilde as Raea Velaryon / Amrita Rao as Nymeria Martell / Naveen Andrews as Nymor Martell / Kaya Scodelario as Lyarra Stark / / Asa Butterfield as Rickon Stark