Chap 2 - Anna of Green Gables

I'm not sure what brought me back....whether it was the strong aroma of perfume....or the soft tickling on my ear. But whatever it was, it was annoying the hell out of me!

I flexed my fingers and blinked a couple of times, noticing I couldn't move from the chair I was in. I tugged my arms and immediately gave up. It hurt like hell. In fact, my whole body did. I felt as if I'd been in the worlds biggest bar fight, but through all the pain, my ear could still feel the tickling...

My right shoulder was weighed down by something, so I looked in that direction. Fluff covered my face, and I quickly headbutted that evil fur-ball off me! Damn! I forgot that cats always land on their feet. But for its own sake, it'd better hope that it's got nine lives. Because when I'm done with it-

'Who are you?' someone said from the dark. I glanced around for the voice, but it was useless. 'How did you get in here?'

It wasn't another thief, they would be in my face making threats. It was a female, at least I'd figured that much - And a nice voice too. Getting out would be all too easy...

I cleared my throat , 'I came in here through a thing called a door, maybe you've heard of one?' I was expecting some sort of a reply, but the lady didn't fall for the coax.

There was silence for a while and then she spoke again. ' Okay then, who are you?'

'Whoa, uh, no.... My info - not yours!'

Again, silence. A sound of a spray went off and I shut my eyes. ' NO! Wait...'

I opened one eye after the other - and I was fine. 'That's not cool to play on a guy, I can't go blind! There's too many things to see in too little time, so put that.. Spray.. Away!'

A light switch flicked on and the whole room lit up. The room was such a distraction, that I didn't even notice the charcoal coloured fur-ball rub against my legs. Even though my feet were tied, I'd still try to kick it. I was too Dumbfounded by the room that I didn't bother moving, I just took in the view.

Plain wooden stairs led to the doorway, giving away my location - the basement. It had to be. Except it was the length of the whole house; and I could see a bathroom, a bedroom, and a lounge area from my chair. The room was a mix between a children's room, a teenagers and an adults; filled with priceless objects. The only off-putting factor was the pictures of drawings scattered over the floor and clothing laying everywhere... And the perfume was way overdone.

'What is your name?'

I turned my head again to the stairs, and behind the railing, crouched the girl. At first I couldn't take her in... The most perfect illusion. A beautiful face, red lips, and an unbelievable amount of hair that flowed down her purple 'high-low' dress. I know, it's sad I'm educated about girls clothes. This girl turned me on, and was a cross my legs factor! My feet were tied together, I had to think of something fast! Remember mother, remember what happened...

I was back on track and watched the girl stand and creep towards me. When she was standing close in front, her hair was still at the base of the stairs. She had seven feet of it, or a world record length at least!

'Ah ha?' I gawked at the mass of blonde waves, then at the impatient expression and blurted, 'Oh, the name is Hunter Moore.'

'Why are you here?'

 'I was in trouble and your door was open - it was sort of an open invitation - so I had to get away from, HOLY CRAP! WHERE IS MY BAG!'

'Somewhere you will never be able to find it. But I am willing to trade.'