"What if?"

Aly stood there frozen.  She closed her eyes.  Breathe, she told herself.  She opened her eyes and she felt the walls closing in on her.  She wanted to go after Den, but there is a more pressing concern she has to address.  She clenched her fist with much force, suggesting her brain to step up and her heart to hold back.  She has to face Bang.

 She gathered her composure to turn and head back towards her door.  Her fury was building up with every step.  "Why now", she thought.  She closed her eyes one more time before turning the knob.

 Upon entering her unit, she saw Bang on the bar fixing herself a drink.  Memories came flooding through Aly, the scene reminded her of their first encounter – in a bar.  They have an open-kind of relationship.  They have shared moments when Bang has a three days the least layover from her job.  The set up is convenient, its either they meet up abroad or Bang stays in Aly's pad when she comes over.  Aly cannot deny that sex is amazing, but, it is just that.  She cannot make a connection with her.  With Bang, it is always noisy, rough, sad.

 "What are you doing here?" – Aly.

"Job, you know the drill.  Did something change Babe?" – Bang.

She took a full swig of her drink and their eyes met.  Bang was burning with desire to touch her.  She approached Aly, moved to her back and slowly touched her shoulders.  "I miss you – very much", Bang whispered making sure that her lips was touching her earlobe.

Aly remained still while she felt Bang's hand slid to her waist, down to her crotch.

"I do not want this anymore." – Aly.

"Just try Babe, I'm so horny right now, please ---", as she continued and press on with her advances.

"I said, I do not want this anymore Bang!  Get your hands off me!" – Aly.

"Is it because of her?" – Bang.

"Yes!" – Aly.

She turned around as she felt Bang loosen her grip.  She just stood there, just looking at the lady in front of her almost break into tears.  She saw the façade of a strong woman crumble.

 Finally, she let out a small, unsuccessful chuckle.  "Go ahead and play Babe, I won't stop you.  Just don’t cut me off.  I know what can make you scream.  Don’t ever forget that." – Bang.

 "She was not yet with me when I sent you the mail Sheila.  You cannot commit to a relationship and I grew tired of our games.  I want more and you wanted otherwise.  You shouldn’t have come here.  You should have spared me from all these.  I have Denisse now." – Aly.

 "Is it that easy for you Aly?" – Bang.

 "As easy as your distaste for commitment."  -Aly.

 Aly went to get her bag and keys as Bang was left slumped on the sofa, crying.  "I do not want us to end this way.  I'm sorry.  Please lock the door when you leave."  She kissed her forehead with much sincerity before she left.