Untitled Part 9

OPTIONS

She couldn’t ask for more, she thought.  This day turned out to be one of the happiest days of her life, well, not to forget, one of the most embarrassing, but at this point, no embarrassing thought can ruin her happiness.

And then suddenly, she felt an unfamiliar sting in her gut.  The stillness that lies ahead scared her.  She has always trusted her gut with these danger alerts.  She is one who is more frightened with quiet and calmness.  Please no, she prayed silently as she smiled and took a gulp of her iced soda water.

"Well that was lovely.  We should do this more often huh Dad", Aly's mom said as she wiped the corners of her mouth with her table napkin signaling she was satisfied with her meal.

"I still prefer your cooking Mommy", Aly's dad said as she held her wife's hand simultaneously kissing it to the delight of Aly and Den.

"How do you do that?  You still can make mom blush.  I mean, look at her Dad."  Aly was beaming with pride at how her parents profess their love with their actions after almost 25 years of being together.  As she said those words, she absent mindedly touched glided her hands on to Den's lap.  Spontaneously, Den intertwined their fingers and hugged Aly's arm with her other arm.  They were a picture of a vibrant couple.

"Your Dad has always been like this sweetheart.  You were just too coy to admit it.  Your siblings and you will always go eeeewwww whenever Dad becomes malambing." – Aly's Mom.

Her Dad just laughed.

"You don’t make it an effort to be clingy, these come naturally", she added.

Aly touched Den's face as she felt her let out a tiny sort of sigh as an admiration for her parents.

"Well, we wouldn’t keep you love birds too long as I know Mom is scheduled for her pampering today.  Thank you Mom and Dad." – Aly.

"Get the bill Dad", Aly's mom said.

"We'll take care of it, it’s the least we could do." – Den.

"Well, I guess, I have to say yes to that." – Dad.

And everyone laughed as they again suddenly remembered the scene earlier.

"Should we expect you for another get together next weekend at home?" – Mom.

"Hmmm, I'll update you Mom, but I can't promise yet," Aly as she hugged her mom tight.

"Love you Dad, hmmmm, very much." – Aly.

Den hugged her mom too and she offered her hand for a shake to Aly's dad when Aly threw her unto her Dad for a hug.

"Sige na --- you can hug Dad, hahahaha."- Aly.