A New Day

"Bianca! Bianca hurry up or you'll be late!"

I woke to the sound of loud banging on the door of my apartment and the shouting of my best friend Jackie. "God I'm coming I'm coming." I slowly rose out of my bed still in my pajamas and walked over to the front door. As I unlocked it Jackie burst through and glared at me. "Oh my god!" I saw the frustration appear on her face as her cheeks flushed red. "What? What's wrong?" she lifted the collar of my shirt and yanked it before letting it free. "You're not even dressed yet!"

Jackie wasn't usually this pushy but tonight she had her dance production which she was very professional about. Jayne walked in just after as Jackie went into my closet and pulled out a dress for me to wear then placed it and a towel in my bathroom. Jayne collapsed on my couch and shut her eyes slowly. Obviously she had only just been woken up too. "Why do we have to go so early? The performance isn't till tonight." she looked over to my clock before closing her eyes again. "That's still 8 hours away." A moment of silence passed and she opened her eyes again to find Jackie's eyes on her and her cheeks flushed red. "Because, someone might steal your seat, and I got you guys good ones." she gave off a little smile and went back over to my closet but this time picking shoes. "Now, if we want to get there soon we need to hurry, get in and be quick." she pointed her arm sharply to the shower and strolled into the kitchen. I still felt like I could just drift back off into my dream but I wasn't going to argue with her, especially today.

I walked out to the lounge area and smelled the freshness of bacon and eggs. "Mmmm, you guys read my mind." I sat next to Jackie because Jayne was still half asleep on the couch occasionally putting some food into her mouth with her eyes still closed. "So you excited for tonight?" I waited for a large grin to appear on Jackie's face but instead got a panicked frown. "What's wrong?" I rested my hand on hers and awaited an answer. "I'm just worried, I don't want to be let down because the others. Well, they just haven't been practicing. If I don't get this my entire career will go up in flames.

Oh yeah, this performance was Jackie's end of year assessment, and she was thrown in to dance with the newbies at her school because the teachers said they could learn their talents from her. Which was very unfair to her as she had bigger things to worry about other than uncooperative teenagers just wanting to have some fun. Because if she got this assessment she would get a contract to Jason Gilkison's dance production 'Burn the Floor' which she has been dreaming about her whole life. And if she didn't get it she would be stuck another year with the newbies and her chances of becoming a professional dancer would be shortened. But I knew she was talented enough to already be on the stage. "It's going to be alright Hun." I grabbed her hand and held it. "I know you'll do great, and don't worry about those kids. Just think, the more they suck the more you stand out." I saw a slight smile appear on her face and she hugged me. "Thanks, you always know what to say."

(A/N This chapter is a bit boring but I'm planning for BIG things to happen dont you worry xo